A Conversation for Comic Strips or Sequential Art

Web Comics

Post 1

Kevin of the Apocalypse

As an artist in the new millinium, I was wondering if anyone had thought about doing an entry on web-based comic strips? Hopefully someone with more time on their hands than I do? There are LITERALLY thousands of them, and it's always expanding.

Web Comics

Post 2

Wallychamp

What is the address for your web comic? I do the line art for one at http://comic.pgbco.com.

I'd like to see an article on web comics too, since there are so many of them right now that are better than almost all of what's being published in newpapers and other forms of print.

Web Comics

Post 3

Kevin of the Apocalypse

Man! Your work is awesome! Very cool art style and the humor is great! My meager works are at http://kotasworld.keenspace.com .
I agree that most of the print comics today just aren't good. They're dinosaurs that should have died off ages ago and been replace by a new generation of creators. Instead we still have Snuffy Smith and Family Circus. The problem I see with web comics is ANYONE can do one. You'll find the occasional diamond in the rough, but so many are just pencil drawings and bad/no writing. I'll admit I started out similar to this, but I've worked at it.
The other problem with an entry is sighting examples might be used as advertising by the higher-ups here at the Guide and I don't want to piss these wonderful people off. Perhaps we could co-author at some point?

Web Comics

Post 4

Wallychamp

Co-authoring would be cool for the exception that I'm pretty busy right now (with the exception of the PGBCO thing, I've got another comic I'm working on and several single page drawings). I checked out your site and I'm glad to have come across it. You've been at that comic for a LONG time! The only thing I'm disappointed in is that the older strips have more backgrounds drawn into them than the newer ones. Yeah, I can't really complain abou that since I hardly ever draw backgrounds, but still.. the are missed.

I agree with your point that anyone can do webcomics and that thatcan be a double edged sword. For every ONE good, daily required reading webcomics I've run across, there are at least 20 more bad ones. Ahh, that's a whole bag of spite that I'm about to open up, so I'll stop. Would you like to continue this conversation in emails? If so, email me through my site!

Web Comics

Post 5

Sketch Artist

Maybe someone could just post a list of links on a personal site and then slide in a post that they have said links on their site, which can be reached through their personal page. Just an idea. . .

Web Comics

Post 6

Kevin of the Apocalypse

I've got a few on my link's page. Hopefully this won't get edited.
http://www.kotasworld.com/links.html

Web Comics

Post 7

stinkywigfiddle

I was thinking of writing an entry on web comics. It would probably just be a big list of the good ones.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more