A Conversation for Small Town Fun

Small Town Fun

Post 1

Tide: Lover of snack foods &small animals

Come read my new story that has nothing to do with punting little critters around. But it just talks about what we do for fun in a little town in Tennessee

A410257 - Small Town Fun

Post 2

Administrator-General (5+0+9)*3+0

There are several Guide entries about small American towns, and I'm sure your own town is similarly worthy of mention in the Guide. But, for starters, *what's the town's name?*

This following may just be my opinion, but I think you should use more paragraphs. I like to skim entries and find the paragraphs of greatest interest, before I settle in to read.

And, not to be a downer, but for official Guide entries (which is what the Peer Review scheme is all about), the H2G2 editors would probably prefer articles written like an encyclopedia entry, not a chat forum. Think of H2G2 as your high-school English teacher.

A410257 - Small Town Fun

Post 3

I cahnge my story again and i hope it fits your requirements and i would like to tell everyone the paragraphing wasnt working for me so i spaced in betwween each paragraph. So please read it and help me if you can.

A410257 - Small Town Fun

Post 4

I changed my story again and i hope it fits your requirements and i would like to tell everyone the paragraphing wasnt working for me so i spaced in betwween each paragraph. So please read it and help me if you can.

A410257 - Small Town Fun

Post 5

Administrator-General (5+0+9)*3+0

Your entry's made great forward progress. I can see how the editors might accept it, somewhere down the road. But (thinking like an editor now) this is what else I'd change:

* Pick a more specific topic, like "Fireworks Wars" or "Oneida, Tennessee, USA".

* Whatever your topic may be, add some more details. Do you try for the biggest bang with your fireworks, or do you try to make your rivals duck for cover? If I came to Oneida, what could *I* do for small town fun? Where'd I eat? Where'd I sleep? (Hey, might as well make the Hitchhiker's Guide *useful* to hitchhikers...)

* Remove all reference to "I". (This recommendation comes out of the Sub-Editor's Guide.) That way, if there's someone else who's passed through Oneida, or who wages war with fireworks, they can help you write the entry.

I'm sorry to sound so much like a high school English teacher during summer break and all... but maybe you can claim extra credit when school's back in session.

A410257 - Small Town Fun

Post 6

Thanks for your help and i will try as much as i can to get his entry edited. I will keep this as what i do here fo fun but i will right down another entry to tell what other people can do for fun.

A410257 - Small Town Fun

Post 7

Wampus

Mentioned previously was the Style Guide. When I wrote my Guide Entries (about to be approved), I found that the Style Guide was very helpful in crafting my entries to look like what the editors are looking for.

Here's the address for the style guide.

http://www.h2g2.com/SubEditors-Style

Good luck. I think a bit more polish and your article will be a worthy, approved addition to the Guide.

A410257 - Small Town Fun

Post 8

Thankyou very much for all of you help scout and if you come back again could you or anyone else help me to fix any problems it has.First of all i Donot know that much about British spelling or whatever it is because i am just an 8th grader. So please anyone help me.

Thread Moved

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Small Town Fun'.

Back to Entry

Key: Complain about this post