A Conversation for Something You Probably Didn't Know About "Love Me Tender"

A406522 Elvis: The Great Plagiariser

Post 1

Lizard Prince- A437203 Owner, Muse, H2G2GAs, Prince of Lizards, Carrier of Black Towels

Please, pretty please. Please edit this. If not, I'll get sad. And my dead buddies know what happens when I get sad!!!!! I CRY!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 2

Administrator-General (5+0+9)*3+0

Some comments:

1. The link you gave us, points to your H2G2 home page. You don't seem to have any other pages on record.

2. You *are* talking about Elvis Presley, not Elvis Costello, right?

3. Somehow, I doubt "Elvis: The Great Plagiariser" will meet the H2G2 editorial standards for impartiality. At least, change the title to "Elvis Presley and Plagiarism".

Post 3

Lizard Prince- A437203 Owner, Muse, H2G2GAs, Prince of Lizards, Carrier of Black Towels

I can changer the title. Sure, I will!!! I didn't think that that would fly very well anyways. I'll change it ASAP. And yes, it's the King of Rock and Roll; not the King of Highly Diversified, Influential, 80's Music, and King of Burt Bacharach Duets. Well, I have heard some good Bacharach duets....

Post 4

The Apprentice

This article is not at all what the title suggests. Saying that the fret work of one song is identical to that on "Love Me Tender" hardly warrants the title given.

There are many, many more hours of research ahead for you. Many, many, many. Then, if you write the whole article in third-person and back it up with considerable evidence, maybe then it might have a small chance of being accepted.

There's a nugget of something here. A seed. Run with it.

For those who're interested try:

http://www.h2g2.com/A408124

A408124 Something You Probably Didn't Know About "Love Me Tender"

Post 5

AHA!!!! I think I finally made it less bias. I'm almost sure that the entry has reached full impartiality. Now, please edit it. I think that it's much better now... Thank you, once again.

A408124 Something You Probably Didn't Know About "Love Me Tender"

Post 6

The Apprentice

To be brutally honest just changing the title of the article doesn't make the article any better. It's still in the first person and the content is not honestly very well formatted. Have you actually taken the time to read the Guidelines about putting articles together and submitting them? I think that it would be a good idea.

Thread Moved

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'The h2g2 Writing Workshop' to 'Peer Review Sin Bin'.

Unfortunately you can't submit Personal Spaces to Peer Review or the Workshop...

Thread Moved

Post 8

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Something You Probably Didn't Know About "Love Me Tender"'.

Back to Entry - this is an opinion piece

Key: Complain about this post