This is the Message Centre for There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Vogons

Post 1

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Why was it a "constructor fleet" when all they did was destroy the earth and then bugger off?

Vogons

Post 2

Baron Grim

Bureaucratic doublespeak.

Like the Department of the Interior, Peacekeeping forces, and the Electric RELIABILITY Council of Texas.

Vogons

Post 3

logicus tracticus philosophicus

It was a legitimate political judgment call...

Vogons

Post 4

ERCHOT, yes. That's not a typo by the way. Electric Reliability Council HA! of Texas.

Vogons

Post 5

Baron Grim

I wonder how one gets a job on the ERCOT board. You don't have to have any background in engineering or utilities management. You don't even have to live in Texas! Good work if you can get it.

Vogons

Post 6

If I heard how they got their jobs when this all made front page news last month, I've forgotten it. There is a state utilities group whose members are appointed by the governor, the name of which I've also forgotten, and which was, rather suspiciously, not mentioned by Abbott when he was getting all righteous about what happened and demanding answers.

Good grief, is it really only three weeks ago that I was in bed shivering in a power-less apartment with 5" of snow outside and no idea when I might see electricity again?

Vogons

Post 7

Baron Grim

Are you thinking of the Public Utilities Commission (PUC)?

Vogons

Post 8

Yes, that's the one.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more