A Conversation for “Life’s a Beach” Bumper Sticker

General bumper stickers

Post 1

Jim the Wonder Llama (back from yonder)

My particular favourite in the realms of bumper stickers is the one that starts: "Don't follow me...." It's just so versatile, the way one can wittily play on the words used in this beginning. My favourite ending to this querky remark is "....or you'll end up at my house!" Masterful.

General bumper stickers

Post 2

Exist@Random

I have found a wonderful bumper sticker, that can have either one of two sayings on it, depending on your tastes. The original is "Practice Random Acts of Kindness And Senseless Acts of Beauty". That in itself is all very well and good, if you enjoy that kind of thing. Personally I have a less sane and more slightly off track style of life, and discovered that if you cut the bumper sticker in a vertical line, right between "Random" and "Acts" stirght down to between "Of" and "Beauty", that the sticker is constucted so that it now says "Practice Random And Senseless Acts". Absolutley Perfect.

General bumper stickers

Post 3

Researcher 45275

ah, yes, just like the wonderful (and so often appropriate when addressing fellow road-users) sticker which can be made by combining two of our local road safety message stickers:
The first line of

Don't fool yourself,
speed kills

combines so well with the second line of

If you drink, then drive,
you're a bloody idiot

that i refuse to believe that the person who designed these stickers didn't plan it that way.

General bumper stickers

Post 4

Sidney Kidney, AKA Gruby Ben, friend of Dirty Den

Usually reading these stickers on the back of cars is nothing more of an anoyance!!

Make ultimate favorite which really gets me made is:- Caution, Baby On Board!.
Like if I was hurtling towards this car, I would have the choice not to hit the car without the "baby on board"!!

What about:- If you can read this message then my wife must be driving!.

Or:- Caution, Mother-in-law in boot!

.......Sid...........

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more