A Conversation for The Café Eclectic; Montclair, New Jersey

A402256 - Café Eclectic

Post 1

Triv, Patron Saint of Merry-Go-Rounds; Maker of Sacred Signposts CotTB; Foxy Manor's Head Butler; ACE (GROOVY!)

Have fun with this one. My mouth's watering just thinking about it.

A402256 - Café Eclectic

Post 2

Triv, Patron Saint of Merry-Go-Rounds; Maker of Sacred Signposts CotTB; Foxy Manor's Head Butler; ACE (GROOVY!)

Just realized, a link would be convenient.

http://www.h2g2.com/A402256

A402256 - Café Eclectic

Post 3

Looks good to me... it could probably use a footnote or two for the denser readers such as myself who can't figure out what an S.U.V. is... *grin*... and for those (again, such as myself) who failed French and don't know what 'a la mode' means. (Actually, I got a B, which is technically a pass, but there you go).

Other'n that, you're missing a capital letter at the start of the second-last paragraph and you'd be better off using italics rather than all-caps for emphasis...

I don't s'pose the café has a website? You never know, these days...

Anyway. Good stuff, it gets my vote smiley - smiley

A402256 - Café Eclectic

Post 4

Your additions have been made friend. See if they help you any. smiley - smiley

And I, being American, assumed that EVERYBODY knew what an SUV was, but I guess they're an American contraption. Ah well. What was it DNA said about foreign countries? They do things exactly the same there, same for smellier cars (or something. I didn't put that in quotes for a reason.)

smiley - smiley
Thanks for lookin', and convincing me I didn't break some unsaid h2g2 taboo and was being blackballed for my error.

Triv

A402256 - Café Eclectic

Post 5

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

this article is WONDERFUL. i love it! i now have this strange urge to jump in my car and drive to montclair, new jersey.

smiley - smiley
mikey

A402256 - Café Eclectic

Post 6

just out of curiosity--drive to Montclair from WHERE? smiley - winkeye

Triv

A402256 - Café Eclectic

Post 7

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

seattle... *grin*

A402256 - Café Eclectic

Post 8

That's a relief--I thought you were going to say London.

smiley - smiley

Well, if you ARE coming at some point in the future, drop me a line and let me know (I live right around the corner from the cafe)

Grin.

Triv

A402256 - Café Eclectic

Post 9

Gavroche

The bridge connecting London and New York is only a few years away, I'm sure.

I myself am tempted to stop by the next time I'm in the neighborhood. The desserts sound incredible. I only live halfway across the country in Missouri, so it's not as far for me, and the only major body of water I need to cross -- the Mississippi -- already has a bridge over it.

Regarding breaking h2g2 taboos--
Humo(u)r is very subjective, and sometimes the sub-ed will keep it in, and sometimes the sub-ed will take it out, but it usually isn't a reason to ignore the piece. Personally, I enjoyed the humor.

They are probably likely to remove the use of the term "froody". They don't like direct references to DNA's work.

However, otherwise, its a good review in my opinion.

smiley - fish

A402256 - Café Eclectic

Post 10

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This Conversation has been moved to the Peer Review Sin Bin because it's a repeated thread. We've left the other one in the Peer Review forum, so don't despair!

Thread Moved

Post 11

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'The Café Eclectic; Montclair, New Jersey'.

Back to Entry - this became Edited Entry A518131 The Cafe Eclectic, Montclair, New Jersey, USA

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more