This is the Message Centre for Charlie the Zebra

hi from Amy

Post 1

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

Just thought I'd drop a welcome note seeing as you got back. smiley - smiley

I will write you a proper email sometime tomorrow... I'm not quite coherant at the moment (and my one friend is pestering me about prom, so I'm a bit distracted...) Till later--

~Amy smiley - smiley

hi from Amy

Post 2

Charlie the Zebra

And a proper thank-you for your greeting! I wouldn't dare neglect a High Priestess of Thing! (As distinguished from a High Priestess of Thingy, I suppose ... or maybe it is Thing I'm thinking about ... the effort to rename this day of the week as either Thing or Thingy ... I can't remember now ... mind going fuzzy ... no, Fuzzy is tomorrow. That's like the week opens muggy and gets followed by toogy.)

-- Charlie the Zebra

hi from Amy

Post 3

Hehehe, I like that almost as much as Sodit, Wimpy, Wibble, Thing, Poet, Dontbry, Doobry. smiley - smiley

I'm also General in charge of External Affairs of the Thingite Army, but no one ever remembers...

hi from Amy

Post 4

Charlie the Zebra

Even if you're the General, I'm fairly specific.

Before I had ever heard of Sodit, Wimpy, Wibble, Thing, Poet, Dontbry, Doobry (actually, doesn't Doobry come before Don'tbry in most weeks?), I was having fun with the weather reports. Whenever they said, "Today is going to be muggy," I said, "Yeah, and tomorrow will be Tuegy, followed by Weggy, Thurgy, and Frigy."

Frigy is to be distinguished, always, from Froggy, which is a radio station playing country music. smiley - winkeye

-- Charlie the Thurgy Zebra (even on a Muggy)

hi from Amy

Post 5

Hmmm... you should mention that other naming system to Clive over at the Manifesto page. He'd probably like it. smiley - smiley

hi from Amy

Post 6

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

Hi, I've just dropped by to see if you still wanted to be part of the Natural History Museum. The Hi from Amy thread had me confused for a moment. Still you know how it is with Amy's - you wait for one for ages and then two turn up at once.

hi from Amy

Post 7

Yes, we *do* tend to get confused. smiley - winkeye I don't think I've ever officially met you. *shakes an appendage* smiley - smiley

hi from Amy

Post 8

Pleased to meet you. smiley - smiley

hi from Amy

Post 9

Same here. smiley - smiley

hi from Amy

Post 10

Charlie the Zebra

Now I'm really confused.

I come back here after weeks and weeks preoccupied with Little League season, and I find myself staring at a conversation that is most definitely over the Amy limit. Where did all these Amys come from?

-- Charlie the Zebra

hi from Amy

Post 11

Who knows where Amys come from? They just do. smiley - smiley

Anyhow, I dropped in originally to invite you to join the NHM. Here's the link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A416819

smiley - smiley

Amy the Ant

hi from Amy

Post 12

Well, I came from Virginia...

hi from Amy

Post 13

That's a good place to come from smiley - smiley. I came from a nursing home somewhere in the middle of England - they've since demolished it and turned it into a dual-carriageway smiley - sadface.

hi from Amy

Post 14

Eesh. That kinda stinks.

Where I am is another question... prolly another smiley - planet... smiley - winkeye

hi from Amy

Post 15

Yeah, where are they going to put the plaque when i become famous?

hi from Amy

Post 16

Hehe... umm... good question. smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post