This is the Message Centre for Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Having a really horribilus annus

Post 1

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

About 2 months ago my husband was diagnosed with Lung Cancer. It's aggressive but should respond well to Chemotherapy. He's had his second dose and so far it seems to be working. Fingers crossed.5 more to go.

However fate wasn't done with us. During his initial diagnoses I went for my mandatory 5 year mammogram..and yes I got called back.After ultrasound and even more painful mammograms and a biopsy I was informed I did have a very small cancer which thankfully is not life threatening..

So now I have a an operation next week to remove the little blighter and hopefully the radioactive die will prove it hasn't spread to my lymphatic system..

Having to fit both of us around the different treatments is going to be interesting.

Post 2

Teasswill

What rotten news for you.

I know how draining cancer diagnosis & treatment can be. Make sure for some pamper time between you. smiley - goodluck

Post 3

Still Incognitas, Still Chairthingy, Still lurking, Still invisible, unnoticeable, missable, unseen, just haunting h2g2

Well I've been operated on. Stage one and it apparently hasn't spread to my lymphatic system but radiotherapy is the next step just to make certain..

My OH is facing a 4th chemo session but we aren't yet clear if it's doing any good..Hopefully A CT scan may reveal what is happening..I just know it is pulling him down mood wise..

Just soldiering on and hoping for the best.

Post 4

Teasswill

These treatments certainly make you feel worse, but hope they'll be effective. I think the only consolation is having cancer diagnosed in time to have treatment.

I'm mildly fuming that my annual appt yet again has been changed at the last minute. Good to feel I'm no longer that urgent. Hope that'll be the case for you row before too long.

Post 5

My treatment has finished and it seems I'm all clear. My husband has apparently also responded well to the chemo and his oncologist has said she is so pleased that he won't see her until next summer.

Just got to try and get back to some sort of even keel.

Post 6

Teasswill

Great news!

I had my annual check up today - just have to wait for results of tests. Not anticipating any problem but I'm always glad to get the OK.

Like so many of life's problems, you learn to live with it. Hope you can feel a bit more relaxed now & enjoy yourself.

Post 7

Been declared free from cancer today.smiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - bubbly

Post 8

Teasswill

Hurrah!
Have a great Christmas!

Post 9

bobstafford

Well done smiley - bubbly Have a great Christmas and an even better New Yew Yearsmiley - magic

Key: Complain about this post