A Conversation for 24-Seven - The H2G2 Space Centre Convenience Store

24-7

Post 1

ox

All right! Now there's a place for late night snacks!

24-7

Post 2

Witty Moniker

You found me!

Wait, wait, I'm not ready yet. Gotta order equipment, get some stock in.

24-7

Post 3

Witty Moniker

*scrubs counters, dusts shelves*

*puts non-perishables on shelves*

*places magazines in racks, stacks newpapers neatly*

*aim securicams for optimum viewing*

*hopes equipment from CLI arrives soon*

24-7

Post 4

Witty Moniker

*incoming forum transfer from Automated Forum Transfer system*

To: Witty Moniker
Re: Your Order

Witty Moniker, we've got your order, and it's been beamed to this forum. Please check to make sure that the order is correct.

Refridgerator (1)-Infinite Capacity installed, allowing you to put an infinite amount of goodies inside it without taking up any extra space. Has a glass door with a handy little Autamated Retreival System, coupled to a Holographic Contents Display. The ARS/HCD will do the following: Show a miniature version of the contents of the fridge. By touching the picture of the item(s) you wish to have, the ARS will move the item(s) selected to the front of the fridge. Any order of more than one item will put all items into a bag for convenience.

Miocrowave (1)-Has a handy telepathic receiver which will tell the machine just how to perfectly heat the item(s) to be heated.

Coffee Machine (Standard Store Model) (1)-Provides Dishwater and Burnt coffee.

Coffee Machine (Good Brand) (1)-Actually produces good tasting coffee.

Sleerpeez Machine (1)-Works like an "every flavor bean" of the modern classic "Harry Potter" series, giving you any flavor of sleerpeez that can be imagined. And possibly more...

Scanner Portal (1)-Will allow customers convenience and inconvenience to shoplifters by automatically deducting the amount of money due, or adding the amount of money to their tab.

If you have any problem with the order, please feel free to contact us back at CLI. Meanwhile, have a nice day!

And remember: Explosions Build Character!

24-7

Post 5

Afgncaap5

Ah, I see the delivery made it! Good. If you have any problems with the machinery, just contact CLI!

24-7

Post 6

Witty Moniker

*starts preparing sandwiches, making soup, baking carrot cakes*

*places orders for milk, cream, soda and ice tea*

*whistles a happy tune*

24-7

Post 7

Afgncaap5

*Waits for the first sandwich to be finished, and clears his throat*

I don't suppose I could order a sandwich, could I?

24-7

Post 8

Witty Moniker

*whirls around, straightens hair, puts on a brand new apron*

Hi, Affi! smiley - smiley

What can I get you?

24-7

Post 9

J'au-æmne

*enters carrying a box of donuts*

Where would you like these put, Moniker?

24-7

Post 10

J'au-æmne

ooh and can I get some matches? we're hoping to have a bonfire in the garden, but we keep forgetting to buy them irl...

24-7

Post 11

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Hi, Moniker. Do you have this month's issue of "Hot Klingon Babes"?

btw, I read somewhere that the Space Centre has a 28-hour rotation... Does that mean you get a 4-hour lunchbreak?

24-7

Post 12

Witty Moniker

*hands over a fistfull of matches*

I keep these behind the counter. I sell matches, but I don't sell tobacco.

*takes donuts and put them out in aisle 4*

Can I get you anything else?

24-7

Post 13

Witty Moniker

Hi, Peet.

~Those~ magazines are behind the counter. *Hands a copy over.*

I'll have to speak to Alien about the rotation thingy. But it really doesn't matter, as the store is self-serve when I'm not here.

24-7

Post 14

J'au-æmne

Thanks Moniker smiley - smiley

24-7

Post 15

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

Thanks, Moniker! Can I put in a regular order for this, and "Romulan's Wives", please.

24-7

Post 16

Witty Moniker

You're welcome, Joanna.

Sure, Peet. I'll put your name on a copy of each when they come in. If I'm not here, just look behind the counter. smiley - winkeye

24-7

Post 17

Witty Moniker

*gives the place the once over, wipes down the counter*

*places sign on counter*

Self Serve

24-7

Post 18

Afgncaap5

Ah, not let's see how the machines function when in a store!

*Picks up the holographic imager and orders some hot coffe and a sandwich. He opens the fridge door, and sees the sandwich (peanut butter and pickle) and the hot coffee*

I think I'll just make this one of my usual hang outs.

24-7

Post 19

Alien

Hey good work done here!
*walks around the store in search for something*

24-7

Post 20

* Peet seeks out the "shop issue" coffee machine for a pint of burnt coffee, seeing as it's free... smiley - bigeyes

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more