A Conversation for Time Travel - the Possibilities and Consequences

Time - a mere dream

Post 1

Lucust & Bob Badger

I have often wonderd why time exists. After painstaking research I have come to the unanamous decision that it actually doesn't exist. It's just a way of describing a period where nothing happens, or the period of emptiness before something does happen. This may take a while for people to understand and, eventually, comprehend.
Considering I am trying to rewrite the entire fabric of our existence.

Time - a mere dream

Post 2

yitz

it's kind of funny that you defined time as the period when _nothing_ happens. Because most other people define change as a function of time. So the more accepted understanding of time would be the period over which something _does_ happen.

but of course it's not at all that simple. it's simpler. (but it's also more complicated smiley - smiley ) i don't know what to make of time yet. But i have realised that denying the existence of something plainly before your nose inevitably makes people think you have no grip on reality--even if everything you know about reality mandates that such a thing could not possibly exist.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more