A Conversation for Doctor Who Enemies: Daleks

Frightening

Post 21

Zebedee (still Pool God after all these years)

Oh, and I think there was some sort of werewolfy (good adjective, eh?) guy running up and down some sort of metal catwalk near the spaceship.

Hmmmm......

You know, if I didn't know better, having read all this back I'd swear I was on some sort of trip......

Not that I'd know, of course.

I'll give up now and leave quietly.......

Frightening

Post 22

Gandalf ( Got my own Comp Now!! Still Redundant!! )

Another scary one was when an Egyptian Deity, Anubis, I think, was brought into the equation.

Frightening

Post 23

Munchkin

That would be City of Death, set in Paris and written by our very own DNA. He later revamped it for one of the Dirk Gently books.

I know too much about this!!!!!

Frightening

Post 24

Can't catch you out then, can we Munchkin?

Frightening

Post 25

Munchkin

Oh you probably can smiley - smiley
Oh and the Anubis one was Pyramids of Mars co-starring Mr. Bronson himself, Michael Sheard.

Frightening

Post 26

Munchkin

And it was Horus, not Anubis. Hey ho.

Frightening

Post 27

OK, Ok, clever clogs!!!!
Just you wait until you are my age.........
You'll forget things too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smiley - smiley

Frightening

Post 28

Bluebottle

BTW - I heard that they're re-releasing the very first episode of Dr. Who on video again - so, can anyone tell me whether this is true or not, and any more details would be great.

And Micheal Sheard's a great person to meet in real life - very easy to talk to. smiley - smiley

Frightening

Post 29

Zebedee (still Pool God after all these years)

Cheers munch - thought it was City of something. Glad I'm not going mad anyway......

Frightening

Post 30

Munchkin

You can indeed get the original pilot on video now, along with the two parter "Inside the Spaceship" or whatever they have decided to call it. It is the untransmitted pilot, they went on to refilm the episode before it was shown to the public. Apparently there are a few small differences, mostly to Susan, but nothing major. It is still one of the best single episodes of Dr. Who you can get and I would recommend it. When I can actually scrape the money together I will buy it myself I think.

Frightening

Post 31

Pan, the piper at the gates of dawn

City of Death or some such. It purported to explain the Big Bang/ start of life on Earth.

Frightening

Post 32

Jeremy_Griffiths

In the BBC Eighth Doctor novels, the Doctor encounters Spider Daleks (I think it was 'War of the Daleks, written by John Peel.) I've seen some visualisations of these and if you can imagine a Dalek-esque spider you've got it - though standing a lot taller (relative to size) than a spider.

Now THIS is a scary prospect - fast, highly mobile Daleks unhindered by any terrain. And let's face it, spiders are scary enough without Daleks going and looking like them!

Frightening

Post 33

EaterOfMarmite

could be the Zygons episode with the loch ness monster, a ship explodes at the end of that or it could be the bloke faking the 7 mona lisa's, his spaceship explodes as well.

Frightening

Post 34

James Casey

I was genuinely frightened at least once during the last dalek story (to date, of course! smiley - biggrin ) when the dalek levitated up the stairs towards Sly McCoy... was aged around twelve at the time, but I think that innovation took a lot of people unpleasantly by surprise.

Not to mention that creepy girl in the story (Remembrance of the Daleks).

Frightening

Post 35

Bluebottle

Although I found the daleks scary in Remembrance, and was pleased to see the coming up the stairs - I felt at the time that Remembrance's strength lay in the problems that the troops had against the single dalek in the first episode suggesting that if just one dalek was hard to kill, imagine what an army would do.
The girl I found to just be annoying and a little cheesy...

<BB<

Frightening

Post 36

invisibleknight

the guy with the wormy face, sounds like the episode that douglas adams wrote, where the bloke has a load of fake mona lisa paintings and he's responsible for creating life on earth.

Frightening

Post 37

invisibleknight

The guy with the wormy face. painted all the fake mona lisa's, written by douglas adams and later re-used as a Dirk Gently novel.

It's called City Of Death, It's a Tom Baker episode.

Key: Complain about this post