Post 1

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

Entry: Baroque Architecture - space is an illusion - A87996640
Author: Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor - U1314679

The next part in the series. smiley - smiley

A87996640 - Baroque Architecture - space is an illusion

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Excellent - I like how you have picked out key architectural features, but also linked it clearly with the art and interior decoration so it complements A87996631 nicely smiley - ok

Just checking: 'oil-de-bouef' (bull's eye) - I think that should be 'oeil-de-boeuf'

smiley - ok

Post 3

Thanks a lot smiley - smiley It was not always easy to decide what to put where. smiley - laugh

I completely misspelled that, you are right. smiley - laugh

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - biggrin

Post 5

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I much enjoyed this tour through the baroque - the movement I love to hate. I have seen Asamkirchen...smiley - ill

>>absolutistic<< = 'absolutist'

>>30 years war (1618-1648)<< - maybe a footnote saying the Thirty Years' War was a period of religious wars involving Catholic and Protestant countries?

>>bastions<< Could you explain what 'bastions' are? I'm not sure I know, and I'll bet I'm not alone.

>>pilasters<< Could you footnote 'a rectangular column, especially one projecting from a wall'? I had to look it up, so I figure someone else might, too. smiley - smiley

>>antique corinthian columns<< = 'the Corinthian columns of antiquity'

I love the footnote about marble! smiley - biggrin Thanks for the tip!

>>cuboid Renaissance palazzos<< Could you explain, please?

>>French Classicistic Baroque<< = French Classicist Baroque?

>>It was irrational and phantastic.<< Can you explain this 'fantastic' element for us? Do you mean it uses forms not found in nature, for instance?

[Side note: I once visited a chateau belonging to an ancient noble family in German. The family (very nice people who lived in one apartment and had normal lives) showed us around the monstrous edifice. One wing was wall-to-wall paintings, some on the ceiling. A presentation staircase contained 365 putti, one for each day of the year! Except for the painting gallery, the place was in horrible disrepair. I know what you mean about shoddy workmanship. So did they, the poor people. They had to give tours to preserve this awful legacy.]

Okay, I LOVE 'Freedom and a Hard-Boiled Egg'. smiley - love

>>In the mid 18th Century arose criticism on the irrational Rococo style which was used more and more iften and ended in a radical counter movement: Classicism.<<

Rewrite: 'In the mid 18th Century the irrational Rococo style came under increasing criticism. This criticism resulted in a radical countermovement: Classicism.'

>>for the intermediate future<< = 'for the immediate future'

I am glad the lady of the house had an influence on the decoration! Who's going to dust all those putti, is what I'd like to know? smiley - rofl

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 6

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 7

Oh, sorry, I didn't notice that this was in PR. BB sent me the word file for the finished (Edited) Entry for this. Please let e know what to do. smiley - smiley

Post 8

Bluebottle

That's okay, I can use my copies of those files to restore the recommended versions to what they were like when they were edited.

If you can create and submit new versions of your other entries, that would be appreciated smiley - ok

<BB<

Post 9

Thanks! smiley - smiley

Yes, I will do that. smiley - ok

Post 10

Bluebottle

Recommended version restored to Edited state: A88024917

<BB<

Post 11

Thanks a lot!

Post 12

h2g2 Guide Editors

smiley - ok And the Entry has been restored to the Edited Guide smiley - magic

Post 13

Thank you! smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post