A Conversation for Horseshoe Crabs and the Harvesting of Their Blue Blood as a Medical Resource

Peer Review: A87773755 - Horseshoe Crabs and the Harvesting of Their Blue Blood as a Medical Resource

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Entry: Horseshoe Crabs and the Harvesting of Their Blue Blood as a Medical Resource - A87773755
Author: Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor - U128652

So, we need the blue blood of the Horseshoe crabs to test our medicines and vaccines. That doesn't make it right. I wish I could un-see some of the images I've seen while researching this. And I've left out some stuff that can't be verified, like lab technicians using suction to drain the crabs dry and betting with each other as to how much they can harvest from one crab.

GB
smiley - bluesmiley - galaxy

A87773755 - Horseshoe Crabs and the Harvesting of Their Blue Blood as a Medical Resource

Post 2

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - yikes This is not good - but your entry is. Let's get the word out!

A87773755 - Horseshoe Crabs and the Harvesting of Their Blue Blood as a Medical Resource

Post 3

Thanks Dmitri. I asked my partner to read it through to ensure I kept the emotion out. He said "I like how you kept your rant for the footnote." His final comment was: "If there is a God, he's screaming".

Post 4

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

smiley - sadface This makes me so sad.

Post 5

smiley - cuddle

Me too, Tav smiley - blue

Post 6

smiley - cuddle

Post 7

Anything else required here? The covid-19 vaccine is a real hot topic right now. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-53735718

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 8

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 9

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

smiley - applause Great entry and timely as well.

Post 10

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - applause

Post 11

Congratulations! smiley - bubbly

Post 12

smiley - magic thank you very much. I'll look forward to seeing this on the Front Page smiley - ok

Post 13

Bluebottle

smiley - ok

<BB<

Key: Complain about this post