A Conversation for The Ultimate Pixar Animated Film Guide: 2015-2019

Peer Review: A87867733 - The Ultimate Pixar Animated Film Guide: 2015-2019

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: The Ultimate Pixar Animated Film Guide: 2015-2019 - A87867733
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

We look to the past as we anticipate the future.

<BB<

A87867733 - The Ultimate Pixar Animated Film Guide: 2015-2019

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok

I like the introduction - sets the scene well smiley - ok

I haven’t seen Inside Out, but I read discussions of the psychological aspects of it, such as http://greatergood.berkeley.edu/article/item/four_lessons_from_inside_out_to_discuss_with_kids - is there something you can work into the Entry about that?

I saw a bit of Finding Dory at Christmas smiley - biggrin I remember there was a bit of discussion online about that, too, as it is a positive story about a disabled main character smiley - ok

A couple of typos I spotted: ‘strong Mexican film’ - theme? and jungle instead of jingle

Good conclusion - it is a good question about what will happen in relation to the conglomerates in future...

smiley - ok

A87867733 - The Ultimate Pixar Animated Film Guide: 2015-2019 [Inactive]

Post 3

Bluebottle

Thanks – I've made some tweaks, correcting the jingle-jangle-jungle. I've also (only very briefly) mentioned the psychological aspect to 'Inside Out'. The problem is that if you started discussing it in depth, it could easily swamp the whole entry. It could easily cover an entry to itself, and deserves to. But just when you think Pixar have reached a pinnacle, along comes 'The Good Dinosaur'. Which looks nice, has a great central idea, but doesn't really do anything other than 'we're a Pixar film, let's kill a parent and then, erm, that's it, we've got nothing'. And it only sneaks a pass in the Bechdel test with a brief 'I've done my chores, Mum', 'Well done daughter' exchange. Even 'Cars 3' had a stronger plot and message.

<BB<

Post 4

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok

Ah, that is a shame about The Good Dinosaur - Pixar can do better indeed, but as you say, probably trying to do too much too quickly...

Great that 'Finding Dory' was so successful, but a shame that it missed out on the Oscar nomination.

Potentially surprising that Coco is popular in Mexico, given that it was made in the USA, but it sounds like that is testament to the cast and script, and shows Disney how adaptations of traditional tales can be done. I'm not sure I quite follow the Plot section, though - "doomed to live a life with song" - with song but without guitar?

I enjoyed The Incredibles in 2006 or so, but missed The Incredibles 2 in 2018 - I shall have to look out for the DVD smiley - ok

It is very pleasing that there is an Entry about Sporks A240887smiley - laugh

Excellent concluding section. Just out of interest, is there any news on what is in the pipeline for Pixar in 2020?

Post 5

Bluebottle

Thanks for your comments - I've tweaked the entry.

Sadly their first film of the year, 'Onward', flopped because cinemas worldwide smiley - earth were closed on its release. Before the pandemic there was a jazz-themed film, 'Soul', due to be released early this summer. It still is potentially scheduled to possibly be released before Christmas and another film, 'Luca', was originally announced as coming out next year, but who knows?

<BB<

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

Ah, yes challenging conditions all round for Onward... The Covid coda is very apt.

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 7

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 8

SashaQ - happysad

Congratulations! smiley - bubblysmiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post