A Conversation for The Amicus Edgar Rice Burroughs Film Trilogy

Peer Review: A87941361 - The Amicus Edgar Rice Burroughs Film Trilogy

Post 1

Bluebottle

Entry: The Amicus Edgar Rice Burroughs Film Trilogy - A87941361
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

Oft-overlooked films by a forgotten film studio.

<BB<

A87941361 - The Amicus Edgar Rice Burroughs Film Trilogy

Post 2

SashaQ - happysad

Good to see this in Peer Review smiley - ok

"Amicus doesn't quite fit into the picture of a plucky British underdog, despite the studio's very existence being owed to more pluck than found at a harpist convention." - a sentence that is almost superb smiley - ok The paragraph explains the pluck, but why isn't it a British underdog?

I like the Sugar Puffs footnote smiley - ok

What is the A Certificate? The certificate that is now PG?

Nargas and Narghas are mentioned in The People that Time Forgot - is one a typo? "incredibly painful" smiley - snork

The two references to the collapse of Amicus could be collapsed into one paragraph smiley - ok

Strong use of quotes, and superb concluding paragraph smiley - ok

Post 3

Bluebottle

Helpful comments there, thanks Sasha – I've tweaked this accordingly. smiley - biggrin

<BB<

Post 4

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

A very thorough summary. Good Entry. smiley - smiley The only thing I don't like is having the plot of the films in a table, but others may disagree.

Post 5

... I am now reading your Entry about 'The Land that Time Forgot' and therefore I would suggest deleting your list of dinosaurs from this one. It's just too much for this overview.

Post 6

SashaQ - happysad

Neat tweaks - thank you smiley - ok

That is interesting about the A - reminiscent of how 12A now is that children under 12 can be admitted as long as the parents or guardians judge it to be suitable for their children smiley - ok

Re plots in tables, it is not too bad if the plot is one paragraph, like in the Disney Entries, but I do find it is more difficult to read several paragraphs in that format - the line length is halved, so people's eyes have to do twice as much work...

It would look neat if the plots were in paragraphs above the tables, mirroring the paragraphs below the tables smiley - ok

Post 7

Looking at both Entries again I would take out the quote about Doug McClure in this one as you used the exact same quote in the other Entry and it fits better there. In general maybe try to weed out some more such overlaps and try to keep this Entry as short as possible and leave details to the other. There seem to be quite a few facts about filming the first movie which are in both Entries. Maybe check again what is relevant where.

Post 8

Bluebottle

I've tweaked both entries now to remove a lot of the duplication, however there remains overlap between the two entries as they do cover some of the same ground and there's no guarantee that anyone outside PR would necessarily read both. The dinosaur tables have also been removed.

<BB<

Post 9

smiley - cheers Of course some of the duplication is necessary.

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 10

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 11

SashaQ - happysad

Congratulations! smiley - bubbly

Post 12

Congratulations!smiley - bubbly

Key: Complain about this post