A Conversation for ‘No Time To Die’ - Tales of Tank Warfare in the Libyan Desert

Peer Review: A87942919 - ‘No Time To Die’ - the Book and Film

Post 1

BobI

Entry: ‘No Time To Die’ - the Book and Film - A87942919
Author: BobI - U15003083

Here is an Entry that brings together a book and film review with my personal experience - I hope you like it.

A87942919 - ‘No Time To Die’ - the Book and Film

Post 2

BobI

Links added

Post 3

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

I loved this! It was lively, informative, and deeply, deeply funny. smiley - rofl Thank you for sharing your experience with this, er, literary masterpiece and its adaptation.

smiley - biro >>It is the story of Tony Allen, an officer in the Tank Corps, who is a tank commander at the time of the Second World War conflict in the Libyan Desert.<<

I'm making an assumption here, since it's a novel, that 'Tony Allen' is a fictional character - rather than a fictionalised account of a real person. Could you please take a belt-and-braces approach and make that explicit?

'It is the story of Tony Allen, a fictional tank commander in the Tank Corps who servies in the Libyan Desert during the Second World War.'

smiley - biro Richard Maibaum: You could get in a footnote that Maibaum wrote James Bond screenplays. That way, you could link to some Guide Entry on James Bond. smiley - smiley

smiley - biro Victor Mature: You may or may not want to put in a footnote to the effect that Victor Mature is probably most famous for his leading role in Cecil B DeMille's 1949 Samson and Delilah. He played Samson smiley - winkeye.

smiley - biro One last suggestion: I wouldn't call this '‘No Time To Die’ - the Book and Film' If you do, the reader will think you're going to discuss the book and the film, and that's it. Which isn't what your entry is about. Your entry is about the *experience* of the book and the film, from the point-of-view of someone who has actually been involved with tanks in the desert. (Which is much, much better than a boring old book review.)

So how about ''No Time to Time to Die' - A Personal View of Desert Warfare Fiction'?

Personal comment: One of my uncles managed to be in the military when there wasn't a war going on. I asked him one day where he got the German army helmet the kids were playing with. He said his unit were extras in a 'war picture'. I don't one which one. smiley - laugh

Post 4

BobI

Thank you Dmitri smiley - smiley

Good points - I have made some changes smiley - smiley

Post 5

smiley - ok Great. This will be a fine addition to h2g2's virtual library of wonders. smiley - smiley

Post 6

BobI

Thank you smiley - smiley

I heard the news yesterday that the next James Bond film is to be titled 'No Time To Die'!

That made me ask myself if the plot will be that Bond's "life is so hectic and fraught that there is simply not enough time available to pay the ultimate sacrifice, or because the time is not the right occasion to die?" smiley - rofl

Post 7

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - laughsmiley - ok

Post 8

BobI

I have added mention of other novels of the same name.

Post 9

SashaQ - happysad

smiley - ok

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 10

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 11

SashaQ - happysad

Congratulations! smiley - applausesmiley - biggrin

'No Time to Die' indeed, but you couldn't help it smiley - rose

I'm very proud of your contributions to h2g2 - thank you.

Post 12

smiley - rose We are all grateful.

Post 13

Elektragheorgheni -Please read 'The Post'

I always enjoyed this researcher's contributions and his humour. smiley - rose

Post 14

Bluebottle

Incidentally I read a review of 'films to look forward to in 2020' in which the Bond film was discussed, and Barbara Broccoli, exec producer of the Bond films and daughter of Eon Films' co-founder Cubby Broccoli, was quoted saying that she named the Bond film 'after one of her father's films'. Cubby Broccoli produced 'No Time To Die' (1958).

<BB<

Post 15

SashaQ - happysad

Thanks <BB< - useful information for the Entry so I added that in when I did the subbing smiley - ok

Key: Complain about this post