A Conversation for 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' - the Film

A87906360 - 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' - the Film [Inactive]

Post 21

Bluebottle

Page Turner:
Entry: 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' - the Film - A87906360
Author: Bluebottle - U43530

As requested I've added a little more about the relationship between Lewis and his friend's mum to the smiley - footprintssmiley - musicalnote, though I must admit I do think that Lewis' familial relationships isn't particularly relevant to an entry on a film adaptation of one of his books but more suited for an entry directly on Lewis himself.smiley - shrug

"Lucy runs to the Professor, who believes that Narnia is real. " "the professor at first appears sceptical about the existence of a magical land " - how do these sentences fit together?
- People are both full of contradictions and appearances can be deceptivesmiley - silly
I've changed the first to 'the Professor, who quickly believes that Narnia is real' – 'cos he does at first appear sceptical for the first half of the sentence until the word 'wardrobe' is mentioned and then that's it smiley - eureka he believes Narnia is real.

I've also corrected Ray Winstonesmiley - ta

<BB<

A87906360 - 'The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' - the Film [Inactive]

Post 22

h2g2 Guide Editors

""His best friend was killed in the trenches and he spent the rest of his life taking care of his friend's mother as if she were his own." - Did his friend's mother outlive him?"

We were just checking whether he spent the rest of his life taking care of his friend's mother.

How about, "His best friend was killed in the trenches and he subsequently took care of his friend's mother as if she were his own." ?

Post 23

Bluebottle

I've changed that accordingly.

<BB<

Post 24

Gnomon - time to move on

The relationship between Lewis and his friend's mother was a lot stranger than that, but this entry is not the place to discuss it.

Post 25

Bluebottle

I have indeed read rumours of a relationship, potentially sexual, between the two of them, but regardless of whether there was it isn't important to this entry (unless, say, she was an inspiration for a character in the story, such as the White Witch, in which case it could be, but as far as I'm aware she wasn't so it isn't).

<BB<

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Recommended for the Edited Guide!

Post 26

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 27

summerbayexile

Well done!! Look forward to seeing this on the front page.smiley - bubbly

Post 28

Gnomon - time to move on

smiley - applause

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more