A Conversation for How to Write Entries in GuideML

Guide ML

Post 1

Iacko

This is precisely the reason i ceased attending my HTML courses. If I've my druthers, and it seems I do, not quite certain what exactly a "Druther" be, mind you, I'll stick to the graphical side of the the whole graphics field and leave the coding to someone else. Sorry, but i just don't understand it all; then again I cannot really recall what is an adverb and which is a polynomial.

Guide ML

Post 2

Mark Moxon

Fair enough - markup is still a pretty technical thing, which is why we're more than happy to support plain text entries.

Things will get better, though, over time; one day it'll all be graphical and child's play. Honest! smiley - smiley

Guide ML

Post 3

Iacko

Okay, thanks for that. A few questions on the whole subject, simplistic-like things, with any luck.
1) How do you include a web URL into H2G2?
2) Any way of throwing a GIF animation, JPG, ... image into my page or an entry that i am working on, (or assistance) with such?
3) how can I be reasonably adept at one side of the whole current generation of computer interfacing and so completely inept at another?

Guide ML

Post 4

Tango

Hi,

Do you still need answers?

If so:

1) Sorry, I am not quite sure what you mean! Do you want to link to H2G2 from elsewhere or link from H2G2 to a page in H2G2 or link from H2G2 to another page? Explain what you want and I'll do my best to help you!

2)Use the (CAPTION HERE)

3)I think its called 'life'!

Hope this helps,

Tango

Guide ML

Post 5

Jo (Dead)

I tried to update my page, but there's some error in the GML. It keeps on saying: Bad closing element BODY expecting UL after the tag at the bottom of my entry. Help? What's UL?

Hey, guess what? I'm the second "oldest" researcher logged onto h2g2 right now, but I just don't have a clue.. smiley - winkeye

Guide ML

Post 6

h2g2Support

If you want an answer to an GuideML query, the best place to go is the GuideML Clinic at http://www.h2g2.comGuideML-Clinic (where all the GuideML experts hang out).

Post your problem there and you should get an answer really quickly.

Guide ML

Post 7

h2g2Support

Sorry! That should be http://www.h2g2.com/GuideML-Clinic

smiley - blush

Guide ML- druthers

Post 8

driftin67...drifter thru time and space, lover of life, seeker of wisdom, and friend and supporter of the honest and just...

Druthers defined: a choice, a preference. I guess it came from people saying " I'd Rather the Other " as in; " Would you like my mothers cooking tonight or a brick in the jaw?" .....Druthers....

Key: Complain about this post