A Conversation for h2g2 Feedback - Bug Reports

posting problems

Post 1

glitter girl Keeper of the Glowing Glitter and Curator of the Polyester Slacks Museum

i have made changes to my page and the changes are not visible! when i go into "edit page" i can see the changes listed, text and pictures, but when i click update it takes me back to the same old page! how do i make the changes take effect? i have tried two different browsers and neither shows the changes. i was able to change the page up until late last night.
thanks/
smiley - fairy

posting problems

Post 2

J'au-æmne

I don't know if this is the right answer, but when you get back to your page, have you tried clicking refresh/reload a couple of times? Sometimes this kind of problem is generated by your web browser only showing you a cached copy of your page.
Another tip, you may have worked out already - before pressing update, copy all the guideml of your page (right click in the text box, choose select all, then right click again and choose copy) and save it in notepad or word or something. At least then you needn't keep typing out all the changes!

posting problems

Post 3

glitter girl Keeper of the Glowing Glitter and Curator of the Polyester Slacks Museum

as if to make me look very stupid, not long after i posted my problem, it fixed itself. no reason, no explanation, just finally decided to work. go figure. but thank you for the tips. i always keep a copy of my Guideml on my drive just in case...
smiley - fairy

posting problems

Post 4

J'au-æmne

Irritating when that happens smiley - smiley I'm glad its all sorted.

posting problems

Post 5

h2g2Support

Sorry about that - one of our stored procedures on the live site decided to stop working last night... the one that forced cache refreshes for entry updates.

But it's all been reinstated now, so blame us if it makes you feel any better. smiley - smiley Apologies...

Mark

posting problems

Post 6

none needed, always good to question your sanity once in awhile.
smiley - fairy

posting problems

Post 7

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I had the same problem, trying to update my hysterectmy article. Boy, this article is taking a lot out of me! {ouch!} hehe
Thanks for the explanation, I thought I was going mad, as it previewed perfectly, but the update showed I'd done nothing to my article...
It's fine now, thanks...smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post