A Conversation for Technical Feedback

Sorry - Me again........

Post 1

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

Mark,

In an attempt to tidy up "The Bassment" (my space) I unsubscribed from a number of journal entries (which was good coz some of them were total "Pants"), but found that I could not unsubscribe from the associated conversation forums. Is there any way round this? I find that doing the A.C.E.ing and The Musician's Guild means that I have pages of current conversations, which gets a bit hard to administer!! smiley - blue

HELP smiley - grr

Bassman smiley - cool

Sorry - Me again........

Post 2

Mark Moxon

You should post queries to the Feedback forums, not to my Personal Space, Bassman - so I've moved your posting.

I'm a bit too busy to answer everyone's questions about using h2g2, but the Gurus will hopefully be along in a minute to help out.

Go Gurus! smiley - smiley

Sorry - Me again........

Post 3

Bassman - Funny how people never ceases to amaze me!

My apologies, I'll avoid doing likewise in the future.

Bassman smiley - cool

Sorry - Me again........

Post 4

Pastey

Can you be a bit more specific?

You unsubscribed from some journal entires, are these yours (which I don't think that you can actually do) or someone elses?

And you say that it won't let you unsubscribe from a conversation forum that's off a journal entry?

smiley - rose

Sorry - Me again........

Post 5

Jim Lynn

To unsubscribe from a whole forum, scroll right down to the bottom of the left hand frame (the one with the titles of the messages and conversations) and you'll see a link saying "Click here to stop being notified of new Conversations about this entry" if you're already subscribed. Just click this link and you'll stop getting notified about new conversations in that forum. You have to unsubscribe from individual conversations one by one, though.

Sorry - Me again........

Post 6

The Cow

The problem is that you can subscribe to all new postings to a page. This means I automatically get updates on Greebo's H2IQ before I post there. Whilst we can click the 'unsubscribe' links on our home page or in the forum, there doesn't appear to be a unsubscribe for all new postings - meaning that I still get the regular messages. "Click here to be notified of new Conversations about this entry" is the link that's been used: however, there's not one to not be notified!

Sorry - Me again........

Post 7

Bruce

It's at the very bottom of the left hand forum frame (under the other conversations) - scroll all the way down & you'll see it smiley - smiley

;^)#

Key: Complain about this post