A Conversation for How to Play the Bass Guitar

Now this is a darn fine entry!

Post 1

furtim - Zaphodista Sympathiser

One problem, though... you say you'll talk about fretless basses later, but you don't! Argh!

No entry about the bass guitar is complete without a section on fretless bass, the chosen instrument of Jaco Pastorius and little ole me. smiley - winkeye

Post 2

BuskingBob

Fault of the editor (me)! I play bass, and added the bits about pentatonics etc - meant to add something about fretless and blew it! Might get something added - any hints? I don't play fretless but am seriously thinking about it.

PS went to see Fairport Convention a few days ago - still touring after 35 years, Dave Pegg is the thinking mans bass player!

Post 3

BuskingBob

Fault of the editor (me)! I play bass, and added the bits about pentatonics etc - meant to add something about fretless and blew it! Might get something added - any hints? I don't play fretless but am seriously thinking about it.

PS went to see Fairport Convention a few days ago - still touring after 35 years, Dave Pegg is the thinking mans bass player!

Post 4

Spike Anderson is sorry he can't catch up on a whole month's backlog

Have no fear, Strider is here, er, there! He's working on an entry about fretless basses here: A702352. It's currently in the Writing Workshop.

-Spike A.

Post 5

Andy

Well, thanks for the fine compliment. I must admit that I've fallen behind in my intent to expand and improve this entry. However, it would seem that other writers have picked up my slack and done a darn fine job of it. Well, that's probably my ego talking... other writers have tackled the subject in depth, rendering my feeble attempts useless. Carry on...

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more