Who Was That Man ?

Post 102

Witty Moniker

I'll drink to that!

*raises her dry Ketel One martini with 2 out of 4 olives left in it*

Who Was That Man ?

Post 103

Chrome101

Affy, something I've been meaning to ask you -- what was that Celery being kidnapped story? I want the juicy details!

Who Was That Man ?

Post 104

Styx the Rat

heh heh Go read all 900 posts at banquet, then everything is clear. Celery is better off as ambassador.

*dunks and nibbles on cherry*

Who Was That Man ?

Post 105

Afgncaap5

The kidnapping of The Celery was something very confusing. I was away for it, so I'm still unsure as to all of the details.

Who Was That Man ?

Post 106

Witty Moniker

Chrome and Affy, I suggest you begin here:

http://www.h2g2.com/U148188

It was a brief but turbulent ride that ran through numerous threads.

*sips her martini*

Who Was That Man ?

Post 107

Afgncaap5

No, I understand that it was Sea, I'm just confused as to how the kidnapping actually occured. Granted, I've not read the related threads, but I've still never seen it. smiley - smiley

The annual Interactive Fiction Awards have begun.

Who Was That Man ?

Post 108

Styx the Rat

Celery wouldn't say and kidnapper was always in big huff so nobody ever found out details. Very stupid business. All campaign saw was ransom note and kidnap postings all over threads. Same with Big C murder. *shakes head* Why did researchers hit on Celery? Styx won't do that again.

Who Was That Man ?

Post 109

Iceraven(Lord of Shadows)(Muse of Vampirism)(Keeper of Things that should not be)

*a man in a dark coat and black fedora walks in, takes a seat at the bar and gets a vodka martini from bar bot* evening Chrome. It's been a while. How have you been?

Who Was That Man ?

Post 110

Witty Moniker

*Knocks back the remnants of her martini and gestures to the barbot to prepare another. The barbot puts the fresh smiley - stiffdrink on the bar and WM makes the round trip from table to bar and back to table.*

smiley - sigh

Who Was That Man ?

Post 111

Afgncaap5

Feelin' down, WM?

Who Was That Man ?

Post 112

Witty Moniker

Just feeling a little nostalgic for the 'old' hootoo.

The noir atmosphere fits my mood. Between the overloaded servers and bad behavior and such, I needed a break. Thought I'd visit this quiet little corner for a bit.

Who Was That Man ?

Post 113

Afgncaap5

Yeah, it's a good corner.

The "Old" hootoo can't exist anymore the way we knew it, at least I don't think so, Witty. The old hootoo was...well, it was new, and it was uncharted. Places like "L'Hotel Chrome" could pop up all the time, because there was more virtual real estate.

If we assume a center for h2g2 consisting of the Town Square and the Waterworks & Beach, you'll find that most of the "old" places in h2g2 are connected there either directly or indirectly. Joanna's Donut Stall was set up on the beach, which set into motion the events that caused CLI (located at the edge of the beach), the Aroma Cafe was set up by the beach, the Magic Forest sprung up around the Aroma Cafe (and was soon declared by someone (I forget who) to be around CLI as well), etc.

The Beach is too populous, as the "old" posters have all moved from the Beach to run their respective corners of h2g2. As such, there's no core community to start new businesses in, resulting in no instant advertising to such communities.

Not that we're in a bad place, though. Just different.

Who Was That Man ?

Post 114

Witty Moniker

I know things have changed forever, Affy. But as long as we can still find these corners, we can retreat here when we want to. One of the things that bugs me is that the conversations search has been disabled and we can only see the last 400 conversations we have participated in. That is because the dna traffic is so heavy that the servers can barely cope with the current demand. It's a good thing I bookmarked a couple of the old places. I guess the message is to look forward, not to the past.

*sips smiley - stiffdrink*

I doubt I would get involved in h2g2 if I was to stumble upon it today. I think my first impression would be that it is just another website. A passing glance and I would be on my way.

Who Was That Man ?

Post 115

Afgncaap5

Only the 40 most recent convos? Man, that's harsh.

Although, it does reveal that CLI's low-attendance is more of a blessing than I'd considered it to be. Not much happens at CLI, but what does happen there is worth remembering.

Who Was That Man ?

Post 116

Witty Moniker

400, not 40. But I must have triple that, I would imagine. I really should unsub from Peet's journals after I read them. smiley - smiley

Who Was That Man ?

Post 117

Afgncaap5

*Orders a Usual, just so that he can hear the music*

I've got no idea how many forums I've posted in.

Of course, a healthy percentage of those will contain either the phrases "Conversation At Lil's" or "SPPLLLAAATTT!!!" in them...maybe I should unsubscribe from some of those older ones.smiley - winkeye

Nah. I'd lose Snowball business if I did that....plus, I've been at Lil's from the beginning, and it'd be a shame to lose those bookmarks now. Right back to when Lil's Atelier was contained within the CLI forums....

You know, all that time at Lil's and I've still yet to receive a FTTF Mug?smiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post