A Conversation for Calgary, Alberta, Canada

A370009 - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 1

JyZude

Well, here I am recommending my article A370009 on Calgary, Alberta, Canada. I've already submitted to the queue, but I might as well put it into the new peer review system too.

I've tried to make it chock full of useful information and useless trivia. Comments? Suggestions?

JyZude.

Post 2

Crescent

An excellent entry. Just a couple of things I would like to see in it - museums, a couple of good restraunts, bars etc. So if some one did visit they would be able to use this entry for just about anything smiley - smiley The navigating section is really good, very useful (well I would of thought). All in all, as Joanna said - I enjoyed reading this article smiley - smiley
BCNU - Crescent

Post 3

JyZude

I'm adding Bars and Museums sections. It should be ready in a few days...

JyZude.

Post 4

JyZude

Well, I've added a Bars, Pubs and Clubs section, as well as a Museums section. However they're sort of small. If you have any bars, museums or restaurants you think I should mention, leave your suggestions here or on the thread attatched to the entry.

Unless I receive any more suggestions I'm considering the article to be complete.

JyZude.

Post 5

Crescent

It is good, better than that in fact, it is excellent, and should have no problems becoming part of the Edited Guide smiley - smiley Covers all the major bits and bobs hitchhikers are going to want to know. Come on Scouts, choose this one, you know it belongs in the Edited Guide smiley - smiley Until later....
BCNU - Crescent

Post 6

Mikey the Humming Mouse - A3938628 Learn More About the Edited Guide!

I just want to comment that this entry is awesome! Definitely one of the better done "describe a place" entries I've seen. The only I thing I could think of adding would be maybe a paragraph on good places to eat -- I always hate it when I travel some place and know nothing about the local resturants and end up eating at mcdonalds....

smiley - smiley
Mikey

Post 7

GTBacchus

This is a very, very good entry! It makes me want to visit Calgary, and when I do, I will definitely consult this entry for advice! I agree that a couple of restaurant suggestions would be welcome (you do mention Stephen Ave.). Oh, and the proofreader in me (irritating b*****d) located a few typos:

"Calgary has a very dry climate, which means that though sweat will evaporate quicker, cooling you down in summer, and cold winds will not have their usual "bite" to them." - The word "though" is extraneous, and "quicker" should be "more quickly."

"a few wild deer nibling at grass" - "nibbling" is spelled with a double 'b.'

"On second though, you might as well take the bus..." - "second thoughT"

"Calgarians often wander straight onto a road without barely looking both ways!" - I'm pretty sure "without barely" is a double negative.

"quaint independant shops" - "independent" is spelled incorrectly.

"As well, the owner also doesn't understand..." - "As well/also" is redundant.

"This museum host numerous art and historical exhibits." - "hostS"

Well, that's all of that. I think the rest of your copy is perfect. Now I'm jealous and I'm going to see if I can't take inspiration from you and improve my entry on Santa Fe. See you in the edited guide!

Post 8

Global Village Idiot

Well, this was an excellent article, though I wish personally that it had mentioned the Calgary Flames or their impressive Saddledome stadium.

However, much more of a problem is that the Edited version of this article already exists
http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A446438
So this thread probably shouldn't be in PR any more.
GVI

Thread Moved

Post 9

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'Peer Review Sin Bin' to 'Calgary, Alberta, Canada'.

Back to Entry - became Edited Entry A446438 Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more