This is the Message Centre for Titania (gone for lunch)

Rant, early October 2012

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

I first started posting in my LCHF journal thread, but it turned out to be so lengthy that I'll just summon it all up in a new journal thread.

'Cinnamon Bun Day' in Sweden today. Cinnamon buns all around at the head office at 2 pm (just before the 'afternoon dip' usually sets in around 2.30 if you had a lot of carbs for lunch).

I was busy in a meeting between 1 and 2 pm with our new internal audit company.

After that, I had a late lunch (because I got so very full from breakfast). As I had already thawed some frozen berries, I also had 'dessert' with Russian yoghurt.

You wouldn't believe how hard it was to convince my colleagues that 1) no, I didn't want a cinnamon bun because I don't have any sweet cravings and 2) no, I'm really not that hungry right now. And if I were, a sugar packed cinnamon bun would be the last thing I'd eat to satisfy any hunger.

While I was heating up my cottage cheese 'pancakes' around 2 pm, our - uh - Senior VP(?) joined me in our tiny kitchen to get some coffee, holding a plate with three cinnamon buns. Which he claimed was for him and two of his colleagues. smiley - winkeye

Not sure if he even knew who I was until recently, but it's the time to predict the last three months of the year, so everyone - and I mean *everyone - is bombarding me with pleas of financial reports that they've already received by e-mail, but deleated or otherwise 'misplaced'.

Two hot meals today, and a couple of hot drinks (tea with full fat milk and coffee with cream and coconut oil). Oh, and 12 dice of chili cheese for an evening snack.

And a technician at the company who hosts our financial system and also owns the system recently taught me how to 'hack' into the system folders - something I've been told we wouldn't have access to after the server switch (we used to host it on one of our own servers) was complete.

smiley - devilsmiley - geek

Rant, early October 2012

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

The things you learn from other people's journalssmiley - laugh

Thanks K. smiley - cheerupsmiley - petunias

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Titania (gone for lunch)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more