This is the Message Centre for Titania (gone for lunch)

Galenskaparna

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

So sorry, but I suspect this link is only available from within Sweden. 'Galenskaparna' celebrate 30 years of entertaining and SVT has several classic clips, one of them found here, with links to other clips below:

http://www.svt.se/2.159683/1.2813037/konfirmationspresenten

smiley - musicalnoteJag vill ha en synt farsan, jag vill ha en synt...smiley - musicalnote

Galenskaparna

Post 2

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Still so bad it's brilliant smiley - biggrin
I watched a bit with my son today... he asked why they don't make tv like that anymore.

smiley - towel

Galenskaparna

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

You need to educate both son and daugther in what is no less than classic Swedish slapstick, Milla smiley - winkeye

Galenskaparna

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

Reminder to self: need to 'educate' my niece and nephew next time I visit my brother... smiley - devil

Galenskaparna

Post 5

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Son is hooked, and I think my daughter is on the right track for most things in life smiley - biggrin
smiley - towel

Galenskaparna

Post 6

You can call me TC

I could watch it. I didn't understand a word, of course, but I watched it just for the joy of seeing a clip which didn't play for one second, buffer for 2 minutes, then play for a further 2 seconds, before it stopped to buffer again. I think everyone has gone swimming this afternoon, leaving the internet just for me, and maybe a couple of others who have crept inside and drawn all the curtains to keep the heat out.

So - what was it about? Or will I regret asking?

Galenskaparna

Post 7

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

yes smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Galenskaparna

Post 8

Titania (gone for lunch)

Short version:

Gas station owner, customer/father obsessed with anything that has an engine and wheels, and son who is completely uninterested but who is to recieve a confirmation present (is that really the expression in English?).

'Jag vill ha en synt' = 'I want a synth(esizer)'

Conversations done in 'hillbilly' style, and the lyrics of the song alludes to how the son defiintely doesn't want anything that has an engine but a SYNTH!

Galenskaparna

Post 9

Titania (gone for lunch)

And the finishing sentences are:

'So... are you getting him a synth?'

'Yeah - I've calibrated it so that it sounds just like a Maserati!'

Galenskaparna

Post 10

You can call me TC

Thank you for that synopsis, Ti! I can sort of imagine it now.

But, as you say - great performances, weak punch line!

Galenskaparna

Post 11

Zappgirl

Det är en tidlös klassiker... jag tror jag kan typ hälften av replikerna i den serien. Nästan lika kul som Killinggängen smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Titania (gone for lunch)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more