This is the Message Centre for Titania (gone for lunch)

Surefire recipe for a good movie

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

1. It has Jean Reno in it.

2. If Luc Besson is the director, there's a pretty good chance it'll be good movie.

3. Stellan Skarsgård.

4. Sean Bean. Nuff said.

5. Robert de Niro.

Can you spot the movie?

Post 2

Santragenius V

Ronin, I'd say. Actually haven't seen that one though I've had it on the "to see" list for ages. I do like Luc Besson - or, maybe more precisely, did. I think some of the newer movies have been ... odd or maybe just not to my liking.

I'll swear to Subway, Nikita, Léon, Le Grand Bleu etc though smiley - smiley

Speaking of Subway, Mrs SG V and I saw that first in Paris back in '86. We thought that kjust maybe our French wasn't quite good enough - after all, Christophe Lambert (as they spell him there) is bilingual so it was entirely in French.

Then we saw it again in Copenhagen, with Danish subtitles, and discovered that indeed, you are thrown into the middle of a story and it doesn't really ends in a surefire way, does it? smiley - smiley

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

You spotted the film, but haven't seen it? Tsk tsk Santra, you really do need to see it, it's a great movie!

Any favourite line-up of your own you'd care to submit?

Post 4

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - smiley good movie, one of the best car chases in it toosmiley - smiley

Post 5

Orcus

Wot Jackruss said - although I'd put in a shout for Natasha McElhone too. God to be some eye candy for us blokes too smiley - winkeye

Again with Robert de Niro - a combination of himself and Joe Pesci and directed by Martin Scorsese rarely produces a bad film also.

Robert de Niro and Al Pacino tends to be a bit self-indulgent post-Godfather though.

Post 6

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I have two words for you: Minnie Driver

smiley - pirate

Post 7

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Ta! smiley - biggrin

Post 8

Baron Grim

Too bad Robert de Niro won't say no to any script these days. I don't know of a really good film he's been in the last decade or so. He's been in some very successful films, but not really good films.

One of my favorites that he did was The Deer Hunter. Christopher Walken was also great in that one.

Post 9

Orcus

I was once stood in a queue in a corner shop behind two 12 year old kids trying to hire that out on video (yes a few years back)

The guy behind the counter was trying to explain that "look, you're really NOT going to like it..." smiley - laugh

Indeed. Not really one for the kids - it did occur to me at the time that he could have maybe also played on its 18 certificate smiley - bigeyes

Post 10

once i sat next to the De Nero fellow, and we chatted and drank coffee, really quite a nice chap! I tried to get him to have a Earl Grey tea, but he was a stickler for his coffee smiley - biggrin

Post 11

Baron Grim

I first saw The Deer Hunter when I was a kid. I was probably 12 or so. I loved it.

Key: Complain about this post