This is the Message Centre for Titania (gone for lunch)

Tennis elbow

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

Diagnosed by my smiley - doctor after I had been waiting for the pain to go away for weeks (I thought I had hit my elbow on something whlie sleep walking, since I had several bruises afterwards).

Have anti-inflammatory pills to take morning and evening (that happen to be the same active substance that w*rks for my period pains) and have been told to find a physiotherapist near my w*rk for treatment.

But I was wondering if anyone reading my journals have had this problem and if so, have you got any tips?

I'm not sure what caused it. I'm thinking one of the computer games I've been playing, but I've never had any problems before despite decades of playing games using both keyboard and mouse.

Tennis elbow

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

*while

argh

Tennis elbow

Post 3

Beatrice

Oooh yeah, had it before! Takes for ever to get better smiley - sadface

Tennis elbow

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

Bugger, that what most of my googling had made me believe, but I was hoping for a hootoo 'miracle cure'.

Tennis elbow

Post 5

Titania (gone for lunch)

And unless I suddenly grow a third arm (something I've wished for innummerous times) I dont' see how I could possibly avoid using my left arm to either carry or pull/push at something heavy.

Tennis elbow

Post 6

Titania (gone for lunch)

Well, a plaster would of course prevent me from using my left arm, but I don't think that's an option, for some reason smiley - silly

Tennis elbow

Post 7

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

I got cricket toe........smiley - biggrin

Tennis elbow

Post 8

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I can only recommend rest, rest and rest

No more computer activity when you are not w*rking - and you should not be w*rking for at least a month from now

smiley - pirate

Tennis elbow

Post 9

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

but what about my cricket toe smiley - rofl its been playing up for months smiley - biggrin

Tennis elbow

Post 10

Orcus

Blimey, you must do a lot of computing. I've had it, but usually when I undertake large amounts of heavy gardening work.

And sadly I concur, it takes ages to go away. But go away it does smiley - ok

Tennis elbow

Post 11

Titania (gone for lunch)

Well, it's not a fully blown tennis elbow (yet). My left arm only hurts when I use it - either move it in certain diretions, or if I carry something, or pull open a door with hit. Well, if I'm carrying a bag of groceries in my right hand, then I *have to use my left hand to open the door...

It's the muscular attachment just above my left elbow, on the back of my arm. Off to google for therapists in the immediate w*rk neighbourhood.

Tennis elbow

Post 12

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I have the next two weeks off, thank Bob. Part of my left arm is numb and part of my right arm is sore smiley - groan

I shouldn't even be here smiley - run

smiley - pirate

Tennis elbow

Post 13

Titania (gone for lunch)

A naprapath comes to the office every Thursday - I've booked a date with him tomorrow to get rid of the muscle knots in my lower arms, which I hope will do my elbow good.

He's very good - last time I saw him, he undid several knots in my neck. Quickly found and quickly fixed them. Hurt less than classical massage.

Tennis elbow

Post 14

Titania (gone for lunch)

Turns out there's a naprapath treating method for tennis elbow - but he warned me beforehand that I might find it too painful, and that not everyone can stand the pain.

I did make it through, grinding my teeth and groaning a bit. It hurt like smiley - bleep and my elbow is now blue with bruises.

I am to do it to myself every other day and, if I manage it, stretch diligently and get a support thingie, it *might be over in two weeks.

And yes, I'm typing this righthandedly only because my left arm is too sore to use at all after the treatment...

Tennis elbow

Post 15

smiley - smiley morning all smiley - smiley what's a naparpath ?smiley - smiley

Tennis elbow

Post 16

Titania (gone for lunch)

'Naprapathic Medicine is a system of healthcare that employs Manual Medicine, Nutritional Counseling and Therapeutic Modalities, specializing in the treatment of pain caused by Connective Tissue Disorders.'

In Sweden, it'll take you four years of full time studies to become a licensed naprapath.

Tennis elbow

Post 17

Orcus

It doesn't sound very appealing - it sounds like they've made it worse! smiley - bruised

Tennis elbow

Post 18

Titania (gone for lunch)

Actually, by making my elbow more sore, the naprapath has helped me to become more aware of which kinds of moves I should avoid. And he's told me sternly not to use my left arm AT ALL for keyboard w*rk. Which I had done up 'til then, at w*rk - because it takes aaaaaages to w*rk single-handedly when you're used to typing with both hands without ever looking at the keyboard. Now I have to *look at the keyboard because my right hand doesn't know where the left-hand keys are situated...

On my way home from w*rk I bought myself an epicondylitis bandage. The seller told me that if that didn't help, the next step would be a 'wrist useage blocker' - a sort of 'support' for your wrist that has the effect of not only supporting it, but preventing you from bending it, forcing you to use your whole forearm instead (different muscles).

As soon as the burising is less sore, I'll try the bandage.

Tennis elbow

Post 19

Titania (gone for lunch)

*bruising

Tennis elbow

Post 20

Titania (gone for lunch)

Being incurably curious, I took an empty Pringles tube, removed the lid and bottom and cut it up lengthwise. It's now strapped around my forearm, and pulled an old legwarmer (Fame, anyone?) to hold it all in place and keep my arm warm.

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Titania (gone for lunch)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more