This is the Message Centre for Titania (gone for lunch)

Titania Manchester 17 February 2012

Post 1

Titania (gone for lunch)

Arriving at 5.55 pm (easy time to remember, isn't it?)

If it's raining when I arrive, I was thinking of taking a cab to Ibis St Charles Street. Anyone arriving about the same time and going there too is welcome to share it with me.

Mind you, if the weather is nice, I'll probably walk - I enjoy walking as a way to get a first impression of a city.

Must check that I have the right maps printed out, it got a bit confusing with different versions in one thread.

Am currently at home battling a nasty cold (third day in a row, argh!), must go to w*rk tomorrow though, since I have no printer at home, and I've taken Friday off for last-minute packing, purchases etc.

Yes, I alwasy pack at the very last moment. Whenever I've tried packing well ahead I've forgotten some vital stuff. What can I say? I function best under a little bit of pressure smiley - silly

Still same old mobile number, for those who have it from previous meets.

Post 2

Titania (gone for lunch)

The tricky part will be the clothes, depending on how big the difference in temperature between Stockholm and Manchester will be. I prefer to pack as little as possible, but I think I'll need at least two pairs of footwear; my sturdy winter boots (the snow ploughs are busy outside my window right now as I write) and maybe my jogging shoes for Manchester.

Hmmm... maybe my old wollen sailor's coat, although it's rather worn, with added cardigan beneath for my local weather. Or, considering it might rain - oh, but that requires a trip to the basement. Ah well, we'll see.

Post 3

Titania (gone for lunch)

Home! 11.40 pm, still Sunday for just a little longer... smiley - yawn Great weekend, will probably post a new journal for that - or comment in others'

Post 4

Titania (gone for lunch)

Oh, and if someone happens to remember what was said just before my name was mentioned (I was standing some distance away among chattering people) that rendered me a limited edition book (18/42) I'd be most grateful if you could tell me. It seems my name badge was involved somehow.

The first thing I noticed that something was going on was that someone handed minismiley - mouse a book, and everyone applauded, and so did I, because regardless of the reason, minismiley - mouse is a great person.

And then me.

And then Phil.

*tries to 'connect the dots' but hasn't got the whole picture*

Post 5

Z

I think you won the name badge competion..

Post 6

Titania (gone for lunch)

I thought Mini did that? If not, what did she win? *confused*

Post 7

Z

There was a runner up prize smiley - biggrin

Post 8

Titania (gone for lunch)

Ooooo, I see - thanks Dr Zed!smiley - smiley And Phil's price, and that of Pegasus?

Post 9

Metal Chicken

Your prize and Phil's were the runner up prizes for the name badge comp. Robbie gave a special mention to your badges partly for their nostalgia value as well-used badges for long-standing researchers and meet attendees. Or at least, that's what Phil's was for and I think yours was the same. Whatever the reason though, it's a very smiley - cool prize.

MC

Post 10

Titania (gone for lunch)

Thanks MC, I think I'm getting the picture now smiley - biggrin

Missed the moment where Pegasus got her book smiley - sorry but minismiley - mouse told me it was the one that was being circulated to gather researcher signatures inside the back cover.

Post 11

Titania (gone for lunch)

Already on Saturday evening while browsing the cocktail menu, the Pink Floyd attracted my attention - but, since I had already had a smiley - pggb I stuck with my G&T (getting hit over the head with a gold brick, even if wrapped in a slice of lemon, once per night is enough, thank you very much).

And yet, it kept haunting my mind on Sunday, when we breakfasted at said pub. And I told myself (and others) that if I ever visit The Font again, I'll have that cocktail.

And then it was past noon (sort of golden rule for me: never drink before noon unless carrying on from a - ahem, never mind).

And then I thought 'the only things you regret are the things you never did'.

So I had a Pink Floyd. Refreshing and not too sweet. Very close to how I had imagined it.

Post 12

Titania (gone for lunch)

Let's see if I can remember the ingredients correctly:

Peach schnapps
Vodka
Cranberry juice
Grapefruit juice

The schnapps added just that little bit of sweetness that was needed to match the sourness of the juices.

And it was pink!smiley - biggrin

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Titania (gone for lunch)

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more