This is the Message Centre for Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Handcuffs...

Post 1

Luna

Hi, It's Luna.

I'm sure you remember my handcuffs...

I've read your article about the get together... I don't think anyone else I know has made such a point to write about my accessories.

Just thought I'd drop a line to let you know I'm finally on H2G2.

Hey, since you're a volunteer guru, you probably can answer a question for me. Is there a way to change the font I write and view text in?

Thanks.

Handcuffs...

Post 2

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Heh heh. Yes, of course I remember. Welcome to h2g2!

The only way to change the font for h2g2 is to change the default font settings on your browser. This means that other web sites besides h2g2 may also change fonts to match your new settings.

I can be more specific on how to change these settings if you tell me which browser you are using: Netscape or Internet Explorer?

Handcuffs...

Post 3

Luna

I use internet exploder for now... I don't even know where to find the default settings on it.

Handcuffs...

Post 4

Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Okay. For Internet Explorer, I found a way to change the font size. But I couldn't change the font type. h2g2's code forces your computer to use Arial type on all its pages.

To increase font size:

Go to the 'View' menu at the top of the window.
Choose 'Text Size'
Pick either 'Larger' or 'Largest'

If h2g2 didn't specify a specific font, you could change your default font type. Then h2g2's fonts would change. Sadly, this won't work. But you could go ahead and do it, and other web pages will change fonts for you. Here's how:

To change the font type:

Go to the 'Tools' menu at the top of the window.
Choose 'Internet Options.'
Look at the bottom of this window for the 'Fonts...' button. Click on that.
Now pick a font on the left, and a font on the right.
As you change fonts, the text underneath will show you what your choice will look like.
The font on the left is the one you will see most often. The one on the right is only used rarely.

If you really, really hate the Arial font and want h2g2 to change to the default font so you can adjust it, you can make a suggestion. Click on the 'Feedback' button on this page. Choose 'Design Feedback.' Then post your request.

Good luck! smiley - smiley

PS The only one-night stand I've ever had was with a guy who had handcuffs on his belt. smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Fragilis - h2g2 Cured My Tabular Obsession

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more