A Conversation for H2G2 Waterworks: The River

Water Games: Rubber Duck Racing

Post 1

Bluebottle

Everyone writes their names on the bottom of a rubber duck. These are released from the bridge, and the first duck to make it to the waterfall wins!

<BB<

Post 2

Geggs

I'm throwing my duck in!

smiley - friedegg

Ah. That wasn't a duck. I'll be back.

Geggs

Post 3

Jimmy- the anarchist duck

I'm entering under my own name

it is easy to identify me, I'm the one with a blue mohican, studded collar, I have an anarchy sign tattooed on my chest and 42 on my bottom

Post 4

Geggs

Right I'll try again.

*throws item in*

smiley - chick

Well, it could be a duck. Possibly not a great swimmer yet though.

Geggs

Post 5

*leaps in after the duckling smiley - chick*

*grabs duckling by tail and tows flappy, wee thing to the bank, it seems to be spluttering healthily*

Fluffs up wings and walks over to Geggs smiley - raisedeyebrow

Post 6

Geggs

It's an honest mistake, I assure you. I'm trying to find a . Or maybe a . Even a would do to be honest.

But I can't seem to find any.

Geggs

Post 7

well, looks like the little one is going to be ok, his Ma doesn't look best pleased, mind smiley - yikes

maybe you could ask if you borrow a duck from smiley - doctor Anthea's archives

http://h2g2.com/dna/h2g2/classic/A3674847

Post 8

Peanut

the duckies are ready to launch, Jimmy is in a prime start position, the spectators are watching in anticipation

the canon goes off, the duckies are launched, just as Mother Duck catches up with Geggs and gives him a prod from behind

Peanut hits the deck again, this time not literally, what is with the canon smiley - headhurts, gets to feet, who is going to win the duck race,

is it going to be Jimmy, or the Gentlemanly Duck, an outsider duck or is it going to be Geggs smiley - bigeyes

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more