This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

New job (GB)

Post 181

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

And here are league division 1 results!
Weddings..4 Vs Deaths..2
Births..Vs..Divorces..Postponed (stewards inquiry ongoing)
smiley - whistle

New job (GB)

Post 182

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - rofl

Keep it up Profsmiley - ok you keep me smiling through the harrowing bits.

And here's the good news: don't faint and I hope you're sitting down... smiley - drumroll my wages for June went in my bank YESTERDAY - that was 2nd July! smiley - drumroll *faints*

New job (GB)

Post 183

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

Wages! It's NOT April 1st is it ?

Funeral Directors smiley - winkeye are all hippies! smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

Hey man! Can yah dig it! Or lets get the hotrod out and do a burn-up! smiley - whistle

New job (GB)

Post 184

smiley - ok

Two funerals this week - one down, one to go. Yesterday's was very emotional (and the longest-lasting yet). The lady was only 55, her daughter sang "Songbird", which gave me the chills. I have never seen such lovely service sheets, all decorated with silver or grey ribbons: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156922845201185 The funeral director did ask me if it was alright for the coffin to be in a different position (than usual, facing the Father at the altar). I told him to ask the Vicar, but he was outside with the cortege. My little helper Lindsey made a beeline for me and asked what the problem was, that we'd been discussing at the altar, and why was the coffin holder the wrong way round? I took control and got it positioned correctly. I'm learning to be more forceful. The Vicar did omit a verse from the service sheet and he was the only one wearing a mike so that was quite confusing for the mourners who were looking round, I continued singing the correct verse and the last verse which the Vicar didn't sing!
smiley - rose
Today's funeral is by Mashfords, my favourites. It will be standing room only as the lady was a choir member and the wife of the last-but-one vicar, he is terribly ill but has rallied many times in the past, we are all fearing for him as to this latest blow. He was the vicar who brought my parents their last Holy communion together in the hospice, November 2006, just before my Dad passed away. Gulp I'm crying now. It better be the waterproof mascara today.

New job (GB)

Post 185

Everything went well except for accidentally locking one lady in the kitchen as she had popped to the toilet (off the kitchen) while I was outside the church, and when I came back in, the service began and I shut the kitchen door and bolted it. We only found out when her brother asked Lindsey if she could search for his sister as she hadn't returned from the toilet. Oops.

New job (GB)

Post 186

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

"Two funerals this week - one down, one to go." [smiley - galaxysmiley - diva]

So one buried and one cremated and going home on the mantelpiece? smiley - winkeye

smiley - pirate

New job (GB)

Post 187

"Two funerals this week - one down"

smiley - winkeyesmiley - whistle unless "torched" ? they ALL go downsmiley - erm6ft approx'

or sunk smiley - ermif buried at sea...

New job (GB)

Post 188

Keep it up lads. smiley - laugh

Yesterday I broke the news to my neighbour (who used to attend my church but no longer does) about Wendy, when she enquired whose funeral it was - "Oh, has she died then?" came the response - well, as we'd just had her funeral...

smiley - teasmiley - cakeGot a small break now until Monday when there's two wedding rehearsals. smiley - puff it always amuses me how the wedding party turn up in their normal attire for the rehearsal but then the next time I see them they're in their best bib and tucker and I can hardly recognise them. smiley - diva

New job (GB)

Post 189

smiley - rofl can't be bothered to back track, to see if I've put this before ? smiley - nahnah

I overheard a group of guys talking in town a while back and one said :- do you know the best piece of advice you can give anyone!

one of the others said :- no ?

The guy said :- don't die on a Friday!

WHY ??

because you'll have worked a week for nowt!

smiley - smiley

New job (GB)

Post 190

smiley - laugh

So, I received an email yesterday from the office regarding the 4 weddings this month, 2 on the 20th and 2 on the 27th. One of the times was different to the print-out I collected from the vestry earlier this year so I replied "to all" (Jill, a choir member and mother of the bell-ringer had been cc'd). I asked for confirmation of that wedding's time as I had different information. In the meantime Jill emailed me and offered to let her son know if the time had changed. Today (just me) got a reply from the office saying "Thanks for pointing that out Ann, yes it's a typo it should be 10.30am." The typo was in her email, so, is she testing me or just incompetent?

New job (GB)

Post 191

smiley - laughhere's a thought! Dying is a one off! So it's a bit of a bugger if you didn't like it eh!smiley - erm

New job (GB)

Post 192

Had an email from the office with the title "updated wedding list - one cancelled, one added" unfortunately sent as an attachment which I can't open smiley - sadface

Hopefully there'll be a print-out in the vestry if not I'll have to pop into the office.

Two wedding rehearsals tonightsmiley - run

New job (GB)

Post 193

marriage smiley - winkeye is (supposed to be) a union of two wise people smiley - whistle
Until one of them realises they are an idiot, bags! I be the idiotsmiley - laugh

Bloody hell! smiley - laughIn rait for a change...

New job (GB)

Post 194

I've seen a first draft of the 2020 wedding bookings. Apparently there are going to be two Saturdays in one week, the 11th and the 15th, in August 2020. That'll be something for the workers to look forward to, eh?

New job (GB)

Post 195

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

A local real estate guy once sent calendars to every household in my city. A few days later it was noticed that one of the weeks appeared twice.

Of course we went on strike one of those weeks smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

New job (GB)

Post 196

2 engineers got married = with this ring, I de-weld smiley - erm

smiley - groan

New job (GB)

Post 197

smiley - laugh

New job (GB)

Post 198

smiley - whistle Marriage is a "union" between 2 people smiley - smiley

But! Church or Registry Office = costly smiley - sadface
SUPERGLUE! = Cheap smiley - smiley and just as bonding...

New job (GB)

Post 199

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - snork

New job (GB)

Post 200

I died and went to hell smiley - grr even in death I get on the wrong bloody bus smiley - doh

smiley - whistle

Key: Complain about this post

New job (GB)

More Conversations for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more