This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Ranting and railing at the universe

Post 141

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

how's he coped so far?.... heck how have you coped so far? smiley - cuddlesmiley - teasmiley - smooch

Post 142

Wand'rin star

Yes:posted.smiley - starsmiley - star

Post 143

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Thanks WSsmiley - star I'll let you know when the postman visitssmiley - hugsmiley - smooch

2legs, I'm now visiting Ian 6 days a week. Plus still caring for Mum 4 days a week, so I'm going to lobby the Government for a 10-day week, pleasesmiley - grovelbecause there are ays when I am meeting myself coming back and even my cat is looking at me when I eventually walk through my own door and must be thinking (from her attitude) "Who the... oh, it's you. Feed me now, then clean my litter tray and I will forgive you"

smiley - cry

Post 144

smiley - crysmiley - cuddlesmiley - sorrysmiley - hug I'll give you some of my week... I find it too long most of the time now smiley - laughsmiley - smooch

Post 145

Thank you 2legssmiley - hugsmiley - smooch

Oh and the postman's been, thank you very much WSsmiley - starsmiley - smooch I promise to take a photo of Ian posing in his Disney facemask and link to it here smiley - ok

Post 146

Wand'rin star

Jolly goodsmiley - starsmiley - star

Post 147

He loved them, thank you very muchsmiley - hugsmiley - smooch

He says he can go out again smiley - magic

Here he is modelling one: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154187147561185&set=a.10150329718346185.337183.655656184&type=3&theater (he says he is smiling) and he insisted on sharing the photo with his hero Bob Dylan (and is using his time at home to go through all his music) smiley - musicalnote

I did ask his permission to publish the photo on the Internet.smiley - ok

Post 148

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

Brilliant, you folk! smiley - applause

(You know the gmail if you decide you want to do a write-up for <thepost).)

Post 149

Websailor

Great photo. Hope all goes well.

Much love to you both

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 150

Thank you very much. He does appreciate all the thoughts, prayers and best wishes as of course do Ismiley - brave

Post 151

Wand'rin star

Thanks for the pic and thanks to Ian for sanctioning it.Love to you both. I hope the chemo is helping, even though it provokes miseries.smiley - starsmiley - star

Post 152

fingers crossed here too, hoping the chemo is doing what it should... and ... hoping the side effects soon pass smiley - grovelsmiley - cuddlesmiley - smoochsmiley - tea

Post 153

Ian's younger brother is coming to visit him this weekend and hopefully staying a week or so. This week marks the end of the chemo sessions and drugs, and tomorrow I am taking him for his appointment with the chemo smiley - doctor Dr Roy for his scan results.

I haven't told you that last week when he attended for his scan, the nurse tried and failed to administer the dye correctly, it went into his muscle and he ended up with one enormous bruised arm, and looking just like Popeyesmiley - bruised

Post 154

Gnomon - time to move on

Good luck with the results. Hope the Popeye look goes away soon.

smiley - hug

Post 155

FWR

Hope all goes well for you both lovey xx

Post 156

Goodluck with teh scan results smiley - grovel and everything else....

Oh. nurses can be good at tha t can't they?! - I still can't use my right arm properly as its so bruised, just from a nurse taking a blood sample, a week ago today! smiley - bruised ouch!

smiley - cuddlesmiley - hug

Post 157

smiley - hug sorry to hear that 2legssmiley - cuddle

Thanks all, I will update you all tomorrow after the smiley - doctor meeting smiley - smiley

smiley - zen

Post 158

Superfrenchie

smiley - hugs to you both.

Post 159

I think Drs and nurses like to do things, like badly bruise an arm, on a simple procedure like taking blood, from time to time.... just to check the patients paying attention smiley - cuddle

Post 160

We saw Doctor Kabir who was one of the team of Dr Roy.
He said the 3 cycles of chemo has worked a "partial response" of the cancer and Ian will have an endoscopic ultrasound scan in 2 weeks (at Castle Hill) then he will get an appointment from Mr Mitten for the date of surgery. After he has recovered from the surgery he will need 3 more cycles of chemotherapy. smiley - sadface

Key: Complain about this post