This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Ranting and railing at the universe

Post 121

Milla, h2g2 Operations

hi, sorry for butting in on a side note.
I noticed that there was a recommendation to contact the gurus - this scheme has been discontinued, and for most cases, it's [email protected] who you email. If it's out of their realm, they will send on to the right team.
As you were.
smiley - towel

Post 122

Milla, h2g2 Operations

PS, especially for getting into your account when you have forgotten the password smiley - smiley
smiley - towel

Post 123

Icy North

Thanks, Milla smiley - ok

Post 124

Gnomon - time to move on

As someone who has been going bald for a long time, I think it is better to just get used to it short or non-existent.

Ian should just shave it all off now rather than watching it fall out.

Post 125

Deb

That's what my mum did - as soon as she noticed it coming out she bit the bullet and shaved it off. She got an NHS wig which she wore twice, preferring to wear scarves & hats. I think taking control of it was quite an important step in accepting it was happening.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 126

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I preferred scarves when I was bald... thankfully my hair is longer now than it was pre-shave.

Caroline was going to take Ian into hospital today to have his second dose of chemo via the drip, but she is unwell so her daughter Loren took him in (I was at my Mum's) then she brought me the carpark hardship ticket issued to all cancer patients so I could collect him when it was finished. So I saw him attached to the drip and he was wearing a woolly cap and he's bald underneath.

I don't know why it upset me so much but it did smiley - cry

On the way out, we bumped into one of the nurses who runs the cancer support group (we would have been there this afternoon) and she asked how it had gone, then I asked "How's Mike?" (one of the two post-op blokes we met on the first attendance) and she told us he had passed away. We knew he had been readmitted to hospital but it was still a shock. smiley - sadface

Post 127

Gnomon - time to move on

smiley - rose Mike.

But Ian has to fight his own fight. And win.

smiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hug

Post 128

z

So sorry this has happened to you.

Post 129

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - hugsmiley - cuddlesmiley - kisssmiley - goodluck

Post 130

Deb

Watching them go through it is all the harder because we feel we have to be brave for their sake. smiley - cuddle

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 131

Websailor

I haven't been here much but you are always in my thoughts.

Take care,

Websailorsmiley - dragon

Post 132

Thank you everyone. Your support means a great deal. I appreciate all the thoughts, prayers, virtual hugs. And smiley - tea

Can always use moresmiley - brave

Post 133

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

smiley - hug

*brings in a basket of mufflewhumps*

Post 134

smiley - cuddle just a pity we can't do more... for you or Ian... Hopefully he'll have mor ethan his fare share of 'up' days during treatment.... as odd as it sounds, I often had an absolute hoot messing about with the nurses in hospital etc, during my chemo, even at times when I felt like I wasn't really existing in the same universe (admitidly as I now know a lot of that was in reality the hormone meds not the chemo stuff....) smiley - zensmiley - cuddle

Post 135

He's been sick since the 2nd round of chemo. I went round after Mum's birthday meal to take him shopping but he couldn't manage it so I took his list off to Asda (groan, it was Saturday afternoon, the world, his friends, all their kids and multiple grandkids were in there)smiley - groan

When I left him he said that was the longest he'd gone without being sick since Thursday. At least he's eating small meals nowsmiley - ok

Post 136

Deb

I presume he's reported the sickness to his nurse and they're giving him drugs for it? Sorry if that seems obvious, but sometimes when you're smack in the middle of it, obvious doesn't register.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 137

I was so shocked during my chemo, now, at the newer drugs that control neusea.... I think all the tiem I was in the chemo suite, I heard one person actually vomit smiley - sadface which is slightly disturbing whilst your hooked up to your own IV poisens smiley - yikes - definately ask about drugs; they'll useually start on one sort, and only increase to stronger ones if it is needed (some are a lot more expensive, and of course, more potent ones tend to carry more risk of side efects, I'd assume) smiley - cuddlesmiley - teasmiley - goodluck

Post 138

Yes he did leave hospital the first time with a whole bag of tricks, and the second time were some different ones. He has an anti-sickness medicine but all it does it actually stop him throwing up, not the nausea. smiley - ill

Post 139

Wand'rin star

Can you send your address to me at priscilla dot jones at live dot com
I found something silly and light that might bring a smile from Hong Kong smiley - starsmiley - star

Post 140

Did you get my email? smiley - offtopic

Ian has his last intravenous chemo session next week.

Key: Complain about this post