Post 401

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

"...never grow a wishbone where your backbone ought to be..." smiley - zen

smiley - pirate

Ranting and railing at the universe

Post 402

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

smiley - zen

Carrie has let me know that when she did the jabby-thing after I left yesterday, she noticed a lump on his left clavicle. He's also shaking a lot and very unsteady on his feet smiley - sadface

She asked me if I have smelt the cancer yet. I confess I haven't, but then I am used to spending 4 days a week at my mother's house and the smells that produces... smiley - run

Post 403

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

smiley - sadfacesmiley - cuddlesmiley - smoochsmiley - goodluck

Post 404

smiley - cuddlesmiley - smooch

At Mum's today and Ian't this afternoon after a detour to feed Laura's catsmiley - cat(always a pleasure, he's a honey) but just a reminder that Tuesday Ian, Caroline & I are off to Scunthorpe for the long-awaited scan, Wednesday the usual picc-line flush at Diana hospital in Grimsby and appointment with Dr Roy, chemo smiley - doctor, then Thursday at the endoscopy ward at Diana for the double stent insertion. So I doubt I'll be around here much this week smiley - puffsmiley - puffsmiley - schooloffish *just keep swimming*

Post 405

Deb

Good luck with everything, I hope it's not too tiring and some smiles can be had smiley - hug

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 406

Wand'rin star

smiley - hugsmiley - hugsmiley - hug Will be thinking of you all day smiley - starsmiley - star

Post 407

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - hug I'll be thinking and trying to send good vibes. smiley - smooch

Post 408

Thanks everyonesmiley - cuddlesmiley - kissI've just left Ian and said I'd see him in the morning for the trip to sunny Scunny (Caroline is picking me up) and he said, "do you want to give it a miss and watch Andy Murray at the French Open instead?" That's how selfless he issmiley - brave

I said no, I can watch Andy Murray (oursmiley - racket1 hero) for years. I'd rather be with Iansmiley - cry

Post 409

First big tick of the week smiley - biro

CT Scan at Scunthorpe went ok although Ian did struggle to gulp down all the contrast dye stuff that he says tastes like Anisette (smiley - yuk)

smiley - magicAnd I am back home in time for Andy Murraysmiley - racket1

smiley - tennisballsmiley - boingsmiley - somersaultsmiley - tennisball

Post 410

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - ermthey've put him on a dye'ate ? while he's poorly

Post 411

Ian has aspiration pneumonia and a chest infection. He's been put on 2 lots of antibiotics but the decision about whether they will go ahead with the double stent insertion tomorrow afternoon will be taken tomorrow morning. I'll be doing Mum's shopping then her housework so I hope Carrie remembers to text me once she finds out.

On a brighter note, Ian hasn't lost his sense of humour. On the way out the chemo ward after the picc line flush today, he requested to stop the wheelchair so he could put some antibacterial gunge on his hands and strained to reach the pump. The gunge flew off at an angle, spraying his jeans and most went on the floor. I didn't know where to look when he said "Oh now THAT brings back memories!" Carrie covered her ears and did the usual "LA LA LA!" smiley - runsmiley - laugh

Post 412

He's a champ! smiley - wow

Post 413

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

smiley - yikes That's enough to make a smiley - piratesmiley - blush

Well, almost smiley - winkeye

smiley - pirate

Post 414

Deb

smiley - biggrin Hee hee, poor Carrie smiley - blush

How wonderful though, I'm so glad he's still finding some humour in life.

Deb smiley - cheerup

Post 415

Well that was one hellova day. But the stents are in place and he's on a ward for overnight staysmiley - zen

Post 416

Good news! smiley - goodluck and smiley - hugsmiley - hug

Post 417

Thank yousmiley - hug we visited him tonight and he was in a lot of pain. Luckily the smiley - doctorcame with his IV morphine just before we left so I can rest easy knowing he's had his liquid cosh and will probably sleep until tomorrow.

Ian's family expanded today - his granddaughter Jemma (Nadine's daughter) gave birth to a little girl this morning. She already has a daughter called Faith. I was there when Nadine rang, and Ian said "tell her to call her Hope, then she can call the next one Charity!" smiley - laugh

Post 418

smiley - biggrin Sounds like a good idea to me! Congratulations!

Post 419

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Here's hoping the procedure provides a good benifit to you both, and equally hoping the IV morphine is anything like the liquid by mouth stuff I've had before, which ... oddly really does just work unlike most meds I've ever had smiley - grovelsmiley - cuddlesmiley - smoochsmiley - goodlucksmiley - cuddlesmiley - tea

Post 420

The new baby's name is Willow. smiley - bubbly

We brought Ian home on Friday. Since then he's been constantly sick even with the anti-sickness medication. I believe he should be in the Hospice (and this was recommended by Dr Roy on Wednesday) but Ian flatly refused. I went round yesterday after Mum's lunch to watch the Andy Murraysmiley - racket1 match with him (Carrie was hairdressing) and stayed until she returned. He slept through the whole first set so I had to turn down my volume and sit on my hands (smiley - laugh)

I've just heard from Carrie that he was retching and sick during the night and she is worried sick. I'm trying to read up what I can but I don't have any advice. I can see her taking him to A&E but he won't want to go through that route. Helga is still on holiday smiley - erm We don't know anyone at the cancer support group who has had stents whom we can ask if this is normal or abnormal. I can't imagine that the 2 lots of antibiotics he's on are being absorbed, with the constant being sick, so they're not going to cure the pneumonia and chest infection are they? smiley - wah

Key: Complain about this post