This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Ouch...

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Yesterday while in Tescos with my mother, I got rammed from behind by a dot.com trolleysmiley - grr the pusher didn't even apologise. Luckily for me it wasn't my already-injured leg, but still, I am smiley - bruisedand smiley - wah

I felt so awful I went to the checkout, where I came over a bit faint. I can't fault the first-aiders who attended to me, but I really could have done without another bad leg, when I only had one good leg smiley - sadface

I'm at the smiley - doctor at 11.40am, so I can still make the 3 OAP Homes visits this afternoon with Gordon & Snoopysmiley - dogwhich will no doubt cheer me up.

Ouch...

Post 2

Gnomon - time to move on

Sorry to hear this, GBsmiley - hug

But what's a "dot.com trolley"?

Ouch...

Post 3

Bluebottle

Sorry to hear about that - hope no damage is done.
Isn't it one of those trolleys that the Tesco people load for the people who've ordered their goods at Tesco.com for home delivery?

<BB<

Ouch...

Post 4

Geggs

Just a guess here, but wouldn't that be the massive multi-compartment trolleys wheeled around by the staff that are putting together people's online orders?

If so, then 'dotcom trolley' would be a nice shorthand for them...

Geggs

Ouch...

Post 5

Geggs

smiley - simpost

Ouch...

Post 6

Gnomon - time to move on

In Ireland, the online packers use the same trolleys as everyone else.

Ouch...

Post 7

h5ringer

Ooo, I sense a personal injury lawyer case ripening here. Local newspaper heading: smiley - galaxy

[sic] Newspapers are never very good on facts.

Ouch...

Post 8

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

That sounds quite nasty to happen GB - did they take details of what happened? The person pushing the trolley needs to be told to be much more aware of the shoppers, at the very least.

Ouch...

Post 9

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

That does indeed sound quite nasty. I hope you're not too bruised and battered.

smiley - hug

Ouch...

Post 10

Icy North

smiley - sadface

smiley - cheerupsmiley - chocsmiley - tea

Ouch...

Post 11

Websailor

GB, I hope you are ok. Not being a Tesco person I took the dot.com bit to be shorthand for a suitable curse but I guess we are all right? smiley - biggrin

Take care, and i would certainly ask for some recompense. Not just a bunch of flowers eithersmiley - doh

Websailor smiley - dragon

Ouch...

Post 12

smiley - laughwhat would I do without you lot cheering me up? Indeed the dot.com trolley is the huge trolley-on-wheels which one worker uses to fill boxes of orders placed online by customers who would rather pay a set £5 fee to get their choices delivered to their door than risk life and limb actually attending the store in person.

I am finesmiley - hugand smiley - smooch just cursing the fact that it was me in the way when I was helping my own mother do her shopping, and the lack of apology didn't help.

Someone from Tesco rang me last night letting me know they have received the accident form and I would be hearing from Head Office within the next 5 days.

I'll keep you postedsmiley - simpost

Your friendly local astrologer smiley - winkeye

smiley - galaxysmiley - diva

Ouch...

Post 13

and just had another phonecall, this time from Customer Services, who asked about the incident (I had a rant about the dotcom trolley) and she said my comments would be passed along to the appropriate department.

smiley - teasmiley - cake

Ouch...

Post 14

h5ringer

Would that be the round grey filing cabinet on the floor?

Ouch...

Post 15

Elentari

Sorry to hear that, GB! Hope you aren't too bruised.

Don't be afraid to ask Tesco for compensation. You ought to be able to get some vouchers out of this.

Ouch...

Post 16

Beatrice

I've used the online delivery service a few times - most recently when R was ill and couldn't be left unattended.

I've never noticed any particuallry large trollies being used whne I'm in teh store - it must vary from place to place.

Hope you're not too badly injured, and you were quite right to point out the danger to the store.

Ouch...

Post 17

Just had another phone call, a lady offered to send me a bouquet of flowers which I refused on account of my allergy to pollen (atichoo!) and she then offered me a £50 gift card, which I accepted. smiley - smiley

Ouch...

Post 18

Websailor

How did I know they would offer flowerssmiley - huh You did right to refuse whatever the reason - you can bet the gift card was worth more, and will be more useful.

Take care,

Websailor smiley - dragon

Ouch...

Post 19

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Aye & amen to that smiley - hug

smiley - pirate

Ouch...

Post 20

I am sure they have a scale of apologies. A bouquet will be the first...smiley - cheerup but the gift card will be much more useful, I can get my shopping on Tesco next weeksmiley - 2cents

Key: Complain about this post