This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

December - all change! (GB)

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

My family allowance payments end on Monday, that's 33 years I've been claiming it. Later this month Andrew is moving out (his choice) and I will be living alone for the first time ever. Well, not quite, I will have Goldie smiley - cat with me. I'll be remodelling the rooms in the bungalow. Andrew got the largest bedroom when we moved here, I got #2 which has 3 exposed walls. Later I had patio doors put in my bedroom and they took the place of the window and radiator. I regularly wake up with a cold nosesmiley - brrsmiley - blue

As soon as he's gone, I'm gutting his room then decorating. Then moving my bedroom furniture in so I can have a toasty quiet bedroom!smiley - magic

In my old room I will decorate then put my dining table & chairs in there, so I can have a bit more space in my living room. I'd like a corner unit on the far back wall so I can finally dispose of my 18 year-old couch. Might replace the 36 year-old coffee table too. smiley - laugh

GB
smiley - galaxysmiley - divaenjoying looking forward to 2012smiley - dolphin

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Where will Andrew move? Does he have a job?

Go, honey, grab that room. smiley - winkeye

Post 3

I'm not really here

Sounds like you are really looking forward to it! No plans to find another place? One with less bedrooms kust in case he tries to come back. smiley - devil

Post 4

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

The trick is to have a spacious Lair with few beds in! smiley - laugh I managed that last time i moved. The smaller bedroom is filled with bookshelves and a big desk - and a spare bed. Nothing anyone would bother to stay in more than a week at most.

I smiley - love my hatchlings, but there's no need to have them around 24/7 anymore.

smiley - goodluck in your new life, GB.

smiley - dragon

Post 5

Websailor

smiley - goodluck with your new start and a New Year. Glad you are taking it positively and not falling in to the empty nest syndrome. Being a good Mum means letting go when the time is right, except they do tend to boomerang a bit if'home' is welcoming smiley - biggrin

Websailor smiley - dragon

Post 6

Researcher 14993127

Have fun with the move around. smiley - biggrinsmiley - spacesmiley - hug

smiley - cat

Post 7

h5ringer

Oh lucky you. My eldest son is now 28 and shows *no* sign of moving out. Why would he? - it's too cushy at home by far smiley - grr

smiley - goodluck

Post 8

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

Good luck to your son GB, and enjoy the freedom and space. smiley - cheerup

Post 9

I'm not really here

I'm hoping Teenacher is at college on his 18th, as I'm intending to sell up and move my stuff out while he's not looking. smiley - whistle

Post 10

KWDave

Unless he's moved to the Antipodes, I think you've still got some laundry ahead of you...except you should have a fixed cost in mind.smiley - winkeye

Post 11

LL Waz

It sounds hard work but fun, enjoy it! I'm glad to hear you're going to be toastier and I hope your Andrew enjoys his new independence. I remember you talking about him in posts when I first joined h2, and he must have been at junior school then. Seems no time, but it's half his lifetime!

Post 12

Mistadrong, (Count vonCount.)the last Gog standing

Both my boys moved out and although one misses them it was lovely to have
space all to myself. One had to come home for a while and it was
funny how claustrophobic the house seemed during that time.
smiley - vampire

Post 13

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

I'm having my cellar closed and new floor boards laid in my entrance hall even as we speak. It feels like getting a whole new home smiley - wow

Next on the agenda is moving the kitchen and refurbishing the bathroom smiley - ok

I'll have to save up more smiley - 2cents for that, though, but it gives me something to look forward to smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Post 14

Maria

Enjoy your sunny room and freedom.smiley - hug

When we were trying to find and buy a flat the condition sine qua non was that it had to be sunny. And it is. I love that, all rooms have plenty of sunlight.

Key: Complain about this post