This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Roy has left the building, next up: Elvis!

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Six of us (Phil, Val, Dennis, Judith, Andrea and me) went to watch a Roy Orbison tribute act last night, there was also a "Brenda Lee". I got a lift from Dennis so I was able to have a couple of smiley - stiffdrink which they all insisted on plying me with as it was the first time the others had seen me since my birthday (except Dennis who called round with a card & box of smiley - choc). I didn't go last Wednesday night as it was my astronomy group's monthly meeting.

"Roy" and "Brenda" were smiley - magic and when they announced that there's going to be an Elvis tribute act appearing at the end of July my heart skipped a beat, thankfully it's Saturday 24th as I've already got all the tickets for Matt & Nat at the Parkway on Sunday 25th July. smiley - puff I've never seen an Elvis tribute act but if he's as good as the Roy last night was, I'm going to have a smiley - discosmiley - diva time.

There was some discussion at our table about the state of the organisation within the solo group when the others found out I'd gone to one of the events listed (Tuesday, at the Honest Lawyer pub, jazz band, 7.30pm) I stayed until 8.30 then left as no-one else from the group turned up. I will have words with Christina (group owner/organiser) on Wednesday. Andrea suggested I start my own group (smiley - laughthat's another clone I'll order then, along with the one going to London next weekend).

Post 2

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

*presses non-existant 'like'-button smiley - biggrin*

smiley - pirate

Post 3

nonexistent, of course

Post 4

Fizzymouse- no place like home

We saw a squillion Elvis impersonators in The Canaries about 10+ years ago, some brilliant, some average and some downright scary. Sazzle fell in love with Elvis the first time we saw one so every subsequent trip she used to harp on about seeing Elvis.

It was very sad when we had to sit her down and tell her Elvis was dead.smiley - wah

Anyhoo, glad you had a good time and hope that your Elvis will be one of the better ones.

smiley - mouse

Post 5

asian and african smiley - elvises are the best smiley - biggrin

africans in particular, they usually have good deep voices

smiley - pirate

Post 6

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

An Elvis Tribute? smiley - wow I am so jealous smiley - envy

Pointless Elvis Quote of the Day"

"There has been some speculation that in a previous lifetime Elvis was alive."

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more