This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Prepare to be dazzled

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I'm going out tonight (yes, again!smiley - laugh) with my solo club friends, to the Boaters restaurant on Cleethorpes seafront, there's a Neil Diamond tribute act on, and the meals are two-for-onesmiley - sporkluckily we have an even number (14) going so I hope no-one lets us down.

smiley - bluelightIt's also Earth Hour day/night - 8.30pm for the UK please try and switch off as many electrical appliances smiley - eurekayou have on standby or running idly.

And, I am sure there's something else happening after midnight, something about Springing forward? Wilma just reminded mesmiley - huh but I daren't mention it here in case I upset some of my readerssmiley - winkeye

smiley - yikes

smiley - runto smiley - discosmiley - divaself ready for tonightsmiley - run

Prepare to be dazzled

Post 2

scorp

Have a lovely time GB smiley - hug

Prepare to be dazzled

Post 3

Hiya Scorpsmiley - hug

Well that was hit-and-miss, two people didn't turn up but at least we had an even number. Everyone enjoyed their meals except me, my scampi was burned and the chicken like rubber - inedible. I complained and in the end they offered me a free drinksmiley - huh I said I was driving so wasn't drinking, and so the waitress said would you like a sweet on us. OK, I'll have a *quick glance at the sweet menu* Key Lime Pie.

smiley - wow
It wasn't just Key Lime Pie, it was a Masterchef Key Lime Pie. Served with the biggest strawberry I've ever seen in my life, and a passion fruit. And cream. smiley - drool

Singer was good, apparently he was an X-Factor finalist, but I didn't recognise him, and he didn't just do Neil Diamond songs, he also did Tom Jones, Barry Manilow and a Michael Buble song.smiley - ok

Prepare to be dazzled

Post 4

KWDave

Cheers to the Key Lime Pie! smiley - magic

Sounds like a fun evening, except for the burned scampi and rubber chicken...

Will there be photos? smiley - biggrin

I'll wish you an extra sunset to make up for the hour sleep you lost overnight...

Prepare to be dazzled

Post 5

No photos, sorry. Did change my hair colour though and new Fb profile pic shows it smiley - smiley

Prepare to be dazzled

Post 6

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

Ooohh - key lime pie is a favorite here too.

About that other business - Rubber chickens belong in vaudeville and not in a restaurant, imo.

Come to think of it though, they're a gag either way.

smiley - runsmiley - wowsmiley - ok Nice color smiley - smiley

Prepare to be dazzled

Post 7

KWDave

smiley - drumroll FB smiley - oksmiley - ok Very nice indeed! Who took the glamour shot?

Prepare to be dazzled

Post 8

taliesin

Key Lime pie -- A1324982

smiley - smiley

Prepare to be dazzled

Post 9

I took the photosmiley - blush just held my digital camera at arm's-length and try not to look directly into the flashsmiley - bruised

Yes Tal, I can't see, hear about or eat Key Lime Pie without thinking of yousmiley - biggrin
If anyone's ever this way I'll take you for a slice (sans rubber chicken)smiley - spork

Prepare to be dazzled

Post 10

AlsoRan80

DEar GB/

So pleased you had a wonderful night out.

I put one watch on- my wrist watch.! I cannot reach anyof the others.

with affection

Christiane
AR80

30/3/2010 19 50 GMT

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more