This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

RIP Rose

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

My son-in-law Karl's nana Rose went into hospital on Friday for an operation to remove a blockage, she'd stopped eating so it was regarded as an emergency. At 88, they were worried about giving her a general anaesthetic, and although the operation was a success, she failed to come round afterwards and passed away 12 hours later. This lady belied her age and she was the main carer for her own daughter, Karl's Mum, who was diagnosed with cancer some years ago.

smiley - rosesmiley - peacedovesmiley - rose

RIP Rose

Post 2

You can call me TC

smiley - rose

RIP Rose

Post 3

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

smiley - rose

smiley - dragon

RIP Rose

Post 4

AlsoRan80

Very dear Galaxie Babe,

What a very sad story. Mt condolences to all the family. but what a wonderfully dedicsted and devoted life she led. smiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedovesmiley - peacedove

I am sure that the ending was the one which she probably wanted as she had more than served her time on this earth - filling so many people's lives with happiness.

With many good wishes to all your family

Christiane and Keith.
26/I/2010 19.20 GMT

RIP Rose

Post 5

zendevil

R.I.P smiley - rose

How is the rest of the family coping? Obviously, at that age it's a real concern when they need an op; we had the same with P's mum; 93 & two major ops in one week; thankfully she pulled through so far.

zdt

RIP Rose

Post 6

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

smiley - rose

RIP Rose

Post 7

I don't know Terri, I've only seen Laura, Karl and Liam.

Funeral is next Wednesday. I may go, depends how it goes with my Mum.

RIP Rose

Post 8

It's Rose's funeral today - service starts at the Crem at 2.20pm, if anyone wants to think about Rose and her family at that time, smiley - rose

Karl has ordered coach and horses, which I've not witnessed since my Dad's passing. It should be wonderfulsmiley - brave

smiley - rosesmiley - candlesmiley - rose

Key: Complain about this post