This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Guardian Angels working overtime

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I'm pleased to report that Andrew and I, and my little car, are all still in one piece (the shapes we should be).

Last night taking him to his club, I did a detour (still a route I know very well, but a long way round) to avoid the roadworks on the main artery through Cleethorpes, the A1098 or Taylor's Av to the residents. I went via Sandringham Road, a bus route. I know as I turn into Sandringham that there's a bus stop opposite and cars parked on my side all the way up the hill. So I am ultra careful turning that corner, in case there's a bus pulled up there, as there's only room for one car... as almost a preminition, I turned, there was a stopped low-rider, so I braked. A split second later, the car that was behind the bus OVERTOOK it on my side of the road, and so had to swerve to avoid me, back in front of the bus. He wasn't half travelling as well, I doubt he even slowed down. smiley - sadface
The bus driver looked down at me and rolled his eyes, then raised his hand as if to say thanks for being so careful, you avoided a head-on smash. In return I'd like to say thanks to my Guardian Angelssmiley - flyhi who are on their toes (wingtips?) smiley - angel

smiley - angelsmiley - smooch

Post 2

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Those maniacs I think believe that the law, common sense and patience only happen to other people.

Post 3

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

smiley - yikes

Thank Heaven!

smiley - cuddlesmiley - smooch

Post 4

Gnomon - time to move on

smiley - hug

Post 5

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - teasmiley - cakesmiley - chocsmiley - hug

Post 6

h5ringer

<>

Low-rider. Aren't those builders' jeans? No wonder she braked smiley - run

smiley - teasmiley - cake

Post 7

IctoanAWEWawi

no, a low rider is a hard tailed (or soft tailed at a push) chop.

And well done for your road sense and caution GB, you read the road and the risks well.

Post 8

Moonhogg - Captain Coffee Break

Nah, they're a type of customised car, popular in latin America...

Glad you're safe though, GB! smiley - hug

Post 9

IctoanAWEWawi

sure it wasn't cowboy on a very small horse?

Post 10

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Stop scaring me like this smiley - yikes I've had enough of traffic accidents smiley - sadface

Very happy and pleased to know you're all safe and sound.

smiley - hug

smiley - dragon

Post 11

Sorry DQsmiley - hugsmiley - smooch and thanks everyone for the concern. I have to do the same route tonightsmiley - erm just an hour later. In fact I did it half-an-hour ago, as my daughter's car has packed up so she was bussing it today, and she was going to bus here from work then walk home with Liam, daft 'apeth, I told her to go straight home and I'd run Liam home. Didn't have any apprehensive feelings at all tonightsmiley - biggrinand nothing untoward happened, smiley - ok

I have a new kitty photo for you DQsmiley - run

Post 12

aka Bel - A87832164

I'm very relieved that all went well. smiley - puffsmiley - hug

Post 13

Thanks Belsmiley - hugsmiley - smooch

Post 14

TRiG (Ireland) A dog, so bade in office

smiley - yikes

Post 15

taliesin

smiley - applause

kudos to your perceptive driving-skillset, and healthily paranoid survival instinct. smiley - winkeye

smiley - biker

smiley - bubbly

Post 16

smiley - biggrinthankyouverymuchsmiley - bikersmiley - smoochandsmiley - goodlucksmiley - smoochfor tonight's return journeysmiley - ok

Post 17

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

phew, what a relief!

smiley - pirate

Post 18

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

I'll be driving up to albuquerque today on that most traveled day of the year over here. It's good to get a reminder of the value of driving defensively.

So, as we say over here, "I'll be exter keerful"

smiley - smiley

Post 19

Gnomon - time to move on

Is today Thanksgiving?

Post 20

Isn't it now called "Turkey Forgiveness Day"?

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more