Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

32 more extrasolar planets have been announced todaysmiley - wow
That makes the current total 406 smiley - biggrin
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8314581.stm

Over 400 now!

Post 2

Elentari

Wow! I had no idea there were that many.

Over 400 now!

Post 3

You can download a widget for your desktop if you're interested in keeping track: http://planetquest.jpl.nasa.gov/widget.cfm but that doesn't include today's finds yet. I found today's info out by another meanssmiley - biggrin

Over 400 now!

Post 4

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

some are 5 to 10 size larger than us and some the same size figures larger than Jupiter - must be a long walk to the shopssmiley - biggrin

Over 400 now!

Post 5

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Just so they all don't turn up at once............. smiley - laugh

Over 400 now!

Post 6

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

smiley - rofl

Over 400 now!

Post 7

Maria

I like those linkssmiley - ok

Last year I spent a lot of time seeing the NASA picture of the day and pictures from the Hubble.

In the second link if you go to Home and leave the mouse on Overview, there appear some pitures, two of them are smiley - magic

Thanks GBsmiley - smiley

smiley - tea

Over 400 now!

Post 8

taliesin

I need a new space piccy for my 'pooter desktop.

Any recommendations?

smiley - smiley

Over 400 now!

Post 9

Maria

Tal,
check here:

http://hubblesite.org/gallery/album/galaxy/

Over 400 now!

Post 10

What a fantastic gallery, thanks for that Mar smiley - smiley

Over 400 now!

Post 11

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

Thank you, Mar smiley - hug

They are beautiful. I wonder if we will have another space telescope in the future? Hubble has definitely given us some great views smiley - magic

Over 400 now!

Post 12

<>

Three have been deemed brown dwarfs so the total planet count is now 403 smiley - smiley

Over 400 now!

Post 13

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

it's only a question of time before we will have visitors, i tell you

*goes to brew smiley - coffee*

smiley - pirate

Over 400 now!

Post 14

I was just saying that to my daughter when she collected her son. Not the same words, but how close we are to finding Earth's twin. Then some smiley - rocketsmiley - rocket will go off! The news will probably knock Jordan's sexlife off the front pages of some newspaperssmiley - whistle

Over 400 now!

Post 15

Icy North

smiley - yikes I knew he was a prolific h2g2 author, but I'd never heard that side to his character!

Over 400 now!

Post 16

Elentari

smiley - laugh

Over 400 now!

Post 17

Skankyrich [?]

smiley - rofl

Over 400 now!

Post 18

the way i see it, there are three ways of believing about extra terrestrial life - or lack thereoff smiley - geek :

1. the conditions for life as we know it are so rare we will only find it in one place in the universe we know: our smiley - earth

2. there are so many galaxies, stars and planets in the known universe it is absurd to believe there is only one smiley - planet like ours somewhere out there

3. who says intelligent life out there is anything like we know smiley - huh

smiley - pirate

ps: 4. er, how intelligent is life on this here smiley - earth actually smiley - huh

Over 400 now!

Post 19

Aye Cap'n smiley - pirate

There's plenty of intelligent life on smiley - earth, there's the white smiley - mousesmiley - esuom and dolphinssmiley - ok

Over 400 now!

Post 20

smiley - ta AGB, you just restored my faith in humanity smiley - biggrin

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more