This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Partner Back from Oz

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Phone call 1 (from Kings X) "I'll be home tonight"

Phone call 2 (from Doncaster) "I'll be in at 8.55, can you pick me up?"

Phone call 3 (just now) "Can you get some milk and bread on the way so I can have some supper?"

smiley - runsmiley - runsmiley - run

Partner Back from Oz

Post 2

Wilma Neanderthal

smiley - rofl

'snot a man by any chance, is it?

smiley - silly

Partner Back from Oz

Post 3

Hehehe yes, I'm not 'tother way inclined...smiley - rofl

I did come home laden down with pressies thoughsmiley - drool

First I got a ... plaster seahorse covered in glittersmiley - erm then he produced a beach towel - with a huge smiley - shark's open jaws on, and the words "BITE ME" underneathsmiley - yikes

I was ready to plant him smiley - cross but then in another bag was a set of three picture frames made from fallen leavessmiley - biggrin and a box of shell smiley - chocsmiley - drool and finally...a 100ml bottle of limited edition Ralph Lauren "Romance" perfume.

So I let him offsmiley - evilgrin

Partner Back from Oz

Post 4

Leo

smiley - rofl

Poor clueless fella. Probably just trying to keep his bases covered. If you find a man who knows what to buy his wife, it's because his sister-in-law tipped him off. smiley - winkeye

Partner Back from Oz

Post 5

Skankyrich [?]

Leo, I've just bought Elaine a weekend in Barcelona, but then again we're not married. No word from her sis yet as to whether this is a good choice or not. Still, I reckon I've done alright smiley - winkeye

Partner Back from Oz

Post 6

h5ringer

So he's still waiting for the bread and milk then?...

*ducks* smiley - run

Partner Back from Oz

Post 7

Serephina

They really are useless creatures when it comes to pressies aren't they ..I'll never forget the valentines day when I was presented with a box of cadburys heros and told 'I was going to get some nicer ones but these were on reduced' smiley - dohsmiley - laugh Bless 'im

Partner Back from Oz

Post 8

Oi cheeky! *I* am organised, I even found a late-night shop on the way to the train station. Unfortunately, the "bargain" return railticket he got before his journey, £23 return, smiley - ermwasn't such a bargain because he couldn't find his ticket, so had to pay for a single ticket - £73smiley - yikes

Partner Back from Oz

Post 9

Wilma Neanderthal

smiley - zen I rest my case smiley - zen

smiley - sillysmiley - run

Partner Back from Oz

Post 10

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

this reminds me: i learned two valuable lessons very quickly agter another on my ex's last birthday before we divorced:

1. she had in fact *not* wanted a new ironing board for a b-day prezzie

2. she has one smiley - bleep h*ll of a left hook smiley - injured

smiley - pirate

Partner Back from Oz

Post 11

smiley - laugh

Partner Back from Oz

Post 12

Leo

A lady of my acquaintance still won't let her gentleman forget the time he bought her a mop bucket as an anniversary gift. Not just any bucket, mind one - cast in stainless steel with a fancy wringing mechanism on the top, but a bucket nonetheless.

Since then she's been repeatedly horrified by his taste in jewelery. smiley - laugh

An uncle of mine always consulted with his sister before each date with his then to-be wife. He only let her know about this deception 15 years later.

Partner Back from Oz

Post 13

smiley - groan

I've spent an hour today searching his house for the keys he put somewhere safe, including his car keyssmiley - yikes

We found them in his oven gloves which he'd folded up and placed in a cupboard he never usessmiley - erm

He had earlier rung the car dealer and asked the price to order a new car key - £182 smiley - yikes - almost as much as their last meal in Oz cost, at the Opera House. *cough*

Partner Back from Oz

Post 14

Leo

Skanky:
>>A weekend in Barcelona

smiley - tongueincheekThe value of that gift would depend on whether or not you'll be there too.

Partner Back from Oz

Post 15

first prize would be a weekend with me in barcelona smiley - cool

second prize would be a week with me in barcelona smiley - evilgrin

smiley - pirate

Partner Back from Oz

Post 16

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

This is insulting. Men are good for many things. Why we're good for... for... umm... smiley - flustered

Ok, wait. I'll go ask my wife, she'll know smiley - run

hang on smiley - erm she's still thinking.

Partner Back from Oz

Post 17

Wilma Neanderthal

smiley - laughsmiley - laugh

smiley - biggrin

You know the saying 'can't live withe them... can't live with them'? How unchallenged we would be if the world was all women (and how unfulfilled smiley - bigeyes) I have four brothers, and consider myself weell trained to deal with the knuckle dragging variety of the male sub-species but him upstairs is goood smiley - evilgrin Hubby grew up with five sisters. Justice served, as far as I am concerned.

smiley - angel

Partner Back from Oz

Post 18

Wilma Neanderthal

>>> knuckle dragging variety of the male sub-species <<<

smiley - yikes Suddenly realised that could be ratehr harsh a way of putting it smiley - erm

... thus, present company, as always, honourably exempted smiley - winkeye

Partner Back from Oz

Post 19

jack nicholson grew up without any male in the family at all, only mother and sisters (one of whom turned out to be his real mum years after she passed away and the "mum" he had up until then turned out to be his grandmum, but that's another story) and most females i know think he turned out just right

in my defense i only have three sisters smiley - winkeye

smiley - pirate

Partner Back from Oz

Post 20

I dunno if I dare tell you that I asked him where his "spare" car key was, and the answer was: in the glove compartment of the car.

Wilma'll bust a gut.

smiley - run

Key: Complain about this post