This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hi folks smiley - smiley
Imagine if you will, Daffy Duck at his *most* demented, in human form, and you'll have some clue about what I live with.

On top of this (I can usually cope) I'm ill. Really ill. Needing-strong-antibiotics-ill. I was on Amoxillin at Christmas for a chest infection, and thought I'd got over it, but then on Thursday I got a phone call from the man who said "I'm dying" so off I went round to find him in bed, house felt like volcano temperature, and bathroom plastered in (old) diarrhea.

*deep breath*

So I did what any other human being would do, and rang the smiley - doctor and asked for a visit (took some persuading) then I set to, cleaning bathroom, admitted smiley - doctor went for prescription (he had "acute bronchitis") fed him some soup then left to be home in time for the Demented Daffy Duck.

Fridaysmiley - ermI'm ill. I managed to drag myself to the smiley - doctorsurgery and see the triage nurse (same one who saw me at Christmas) who prescribes Cefalexin, she thinks I have "the flu" on top of a recurring chest infection, and told me there's a lot of it going about.

Last night I was so hot I was burning up, and woke in the night, delirious. This morning I have the chills. I asked the Demented Daffy Duck if he would go get me a Sunday paper "No" and then would he make me a smiley - tea "No" so I am wondering if there's any of you out there who would consider adoption, because I've had enough.

I'm off back to bed and pray he shuts up so I can fall asleep till Monday. Meanwhile, the man is planning to visit his daughter in Rutland tomorrow, and seemed disappointed when I said no, I didn't want to go with him. I don't even know if I'm going to post this, it feels self-pitying and selfish, and I will probably recoil in horror when I read it back tomorrow. No doubt you'll put it down to the medication and forgive me, and I'll soon return to the warm, caring, loving soul that I am usually.

smiley - flansmiley - flan

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Oh Annie, I'm so smiley - sorry you're so ill, and nobody to care for you. smiley - cuddle
Didn't you tell the man that you're ill now? Maybe he'd come around instead of going to his sister's. and, even worse, having the impression that you're a spoil sport?
just a thought, because i don't know the circumstances.
I know it won't help, but have some smiley - tea and some smiley - porkpie and get better soon, will you? smiley - cheerup

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 3

BMT

smiley - cuddle I know what I'd be telling the 'man' and it wouldn't be polite either!! smiley - grr

Concentrate on yourself Ann and get well soon.smiley - hugsmiley - smooch

You know where I am anytime. smiley - cuddle

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 4

MMF - Keeper of Mustelids, with added P.M.A., is now in a relationship.

smiley - sorry to hear that you aren't well.

Shall I send Vic round to rub your chest?

smiley - bleep I'd misunderstood that... smiley - groan

That should be

'Shall I send around some Vicks to rub on your chest?'

Hope you get better soon, and I'd poke 'Im with a stick for your smiley - tea and smiley - thepost

smiley - ok

smiley - cheerup

smiley - musicalnote

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 5

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

For Heaven's Sake smiley - yikes

Please take care of yourself. smiley - hug

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 6

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

get well soon. we miss you here!

smiley - rose

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 7

Wilma Neanderthal

smiley - sadface

Oh sod, this is the downside of living too far away. You need me for a neighbour, hun. Daffy Duck needs to be threatened (in Arabic) with broken bones and disembowelment. I do find Arabic useful on such occasions. English is far too civilised a language smiley - evilgrin

Failing that, bar him from all things electronic. I did that once and that was all it took. I am still sailing on that one a good five years on.

As for the man hisself, be brutally candid. Men have cotton wool in their ears most of the time (sorry guys, I know most of the hootoo men are sensitive souls, I am talking RL 'guys' here smiley - angel) Tell him you are on death's door and he must come get you the Sunday paper or you will expire forthwith. Whine. It works.

In the meantime here's a totally useless cyber smiley - tea and a smiley - cake and a big warm cuddly smiley - hug

Get well soon, Annie

W

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 8

Skankyrich [?]

'I am wondering if there's any of you out there who would consider adoption, because I've had enough.'

I'll adopt you, GB smiley - smiley

smiley - cuddle

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 9

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Cotton wool??? smiley - blush Mines full of female vocalizing ATM, done some washing and put some of her "stuff" in the washing machine "was trying to be really helpful at this point" thought i set the temp to the correct setting, apperently not, so its not looking good for the teashirts and socks, theres one of hers that i can't even fit on my big toesmiley - laugh oops *puts on serious face* smiley - rofl

RJR and ooooOOOoo get well soon matesmiley - hugsmiley - smiley

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 10

Elenitsa

Annie - don't be surprised you're picking up everything that's going - happened to me back in September, 2 months after my brother died, if the grief don't get you one way, it'll make smiley - bleep sure it gets you another.

Follow Wilma's advice - play the girlie for all it's worth and get some attention from the man - remember YOU ARE MORE THAN WORTH IT!!

As for the Duck, can't really offer any advice just smiley - cuddlesmiley - cuddlesmiley - cuddle

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 11

coelacanth

I know it's a bit late, but as a carer (for Andrew, not a full grown adult/duck) are you entitled to a free annual flu jab? I have one every year.
smiley - bluefish

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 12

Fizzymouse- no place like home

Aw GB smiley - cuddle it is a well known fact that men are useless with illness of any kind. That's why women have the babies and all, if it were up to men the human race would have been over before the wheel.smiley - cheerup

Is it wabbit or duck season *takes aim* KABOOM!!!

That's that sorted. smiley - ok

Please take plenty to drink and get yourself some vitamin C - those anti-biotics are very strong, hope you can sleep while you're taking them - they give me nightmares.smiley - monster

Take care smiley - cuddle

smiley - mouse

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 13

Anoldgreymoonraker Free Tibet

smiley - lurk

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 14

Ladye_Seagull

I just hooked one of them and got the AA smiley - huh

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 15

Sho - employed again!

1. smiley - tea
2. sorry, Daffy Duck will have to care for himself for the rest of the weekend - sorry to be that blunt - will he notice you're ill?
3. Tell The Man in no uncertain terms that:
a) next time he's ill he can find another smiley - angel
b) next time you're ill if he doesn't immediately tend to your every whim, briging smiley - tea and sympathy you'll exchange him for a Nekkid French Rugby Player

smiley - hugsmiley - tea
sorry I can't help out

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 16

Traveller in Time Reporting Bugs -o-o- Broken the chain of Pliny -o-o- Hired

Traveller in Time smiley - tit just put some kids in bed
"smiley - sorry for living so remote, else taking some days would have been an option.

smiley - ojsmiley - teasmiley - empty (water)

You should have mentioned to 'the man' you dropped out now. smiley - erm If man are one thing it is a little deaf, we(I) tend not to hear much between the lines, and if we(I) do we will ignore it as unreliable information. "

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 17

Beatrice

Hey, you're allowed to feel a bit sorry for yourself!

As I'm overly fond of quoting, "this too will pass".

Hang on in there kiddo. smiley - hug

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 18

Wilma Neanderthal

Hey Fizzy smiley - mouse you hit my posting!

... or was it someone taking me a tad too literally? smiley - erm

Oh well, hope you got to read it first, Annie Babe... and I hope you have managed to acquire some TLC in the meantime.

smiley - hug
W

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 19

Fizzymouse- no place like home

Hi Wilma, nice to see you back.smiley - hug

What did I hit your posting with, I'm not sure I follow you - what's happened.smiley - doh

smiley - mouse

Demented Daffy Duck

Post 20

aka Bel - A87832164

I know it's your post that has gone, Willie, but I can't for the life of me remember what could have been yikesable/moddable in it. smiley - headhurts

I'm sure it will be back smiley - hug

Key: Complain about this post