A11475029 - Legends and Lore of Limes

Post 21

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

A11475029 - Legends and Lore of Limes - for ease of loading the entry

Post 22

Wilma Neanderthal

Hi C,

I am afraid the following has to be removed from your entry before it can be accepted into the EG. The BBC and h2g2 have their own policies which your entry will be subject to. If, however, the inclusion of this text means that you have copied work from elsewhere, the whole entry needs to be rewritten. Please clarify which is the case.

smiley - ok
Wilma

"This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.5/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 543 Howard Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, California, 94105, USA. "

Post 23

CayteLin

No, I'm the author, Of course I can't guarantee no one has copied it since I wrote it but its unlikely.

Post 24

Wilma Neanderthal

Thanks for responding, C.

Edited entries are subject to BBC and h2g2 conditions A462494, therefore you will need to remove the bit about ownership. I would also suggest that you reword your disclaimer and incorporate it into your text. Take a look at some other fruit entries that are edited and see how the subject of remedies has been treated there. Mine are still pending but these are edited:
Rambutan: A10358309
Quandong: A10422802
Durian: A330805
Raspberry: A284528

smiley - ok

Wilma

Post 25

CayteLin

Thank you for your input. I'm sorry but I don't feel comfortable removing the disclaimer. This kind of boilerplate is all over the web if the content is about anything that goes in your mouth.

Post 26

Wilma Neanderthal

It's your call, Caytelin.
smiley - ok
W

Post 27

Scruff79

Don't know if someone has already picked this up:

"Lime congeals eggs 'it' you give it time", should read ..." if you give it time"

I think a few more sub heading might help. tbh there didn't seem to be much legends. I found the stuff at the beginning interesting, practices & beliefs in South East Asia, but you quickly moved on to the Royal Navy, the difficulty in saying accurately when it arrived where & key lime pie. Not saying they all aren't valid, but it's not really what the title of the article implies.
Interesting though.

Post 28

CayteLin

Thanks for catching the typo.

At this point, I'm afraid restructuring the article would be like rebaking key lime pie after its congealed. I can add links to more comprehensive sources though.

Post 29

MiniMy

Hi there!

Maybe a note of the many varieties of limes that are available i.e. there is not just one type of lime. I am not certain about the different varieties, but they do vary.

In malaysia there is something called limau (lime) purut which I think is the "ka__ir lime" (not too sure about this - I also think that I just got my first block from the profanity filter because of the name...smiley - erm hmmm... ). This has a different taste (i.e. sweeter) and a slightly orange colour compared with the bigger lime, which is generally more common.

good entry so far!

smiley - ta

mini
smiley - zoom

Post 30

CayteLin

Thank you for your input. Since I'm writing to share, not for recognition, I think I'm at the take it or leave it point.

Post 31

CayteLin

Finally, I figured how to work in the varieties of lime w/o disrupting the flow of text. But I can't get past the filter either. According to Wikipedia, ka----- was once a racial epithet.

Post 32

Wilma Neanderthal

... still is smiley - erm

Post 33

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

You can use the word as you have typed it there, in your post. The sub-ed (if this is picked for the Edited Guide) will add the word even if help from an Editor is required. smiley - smiley

Post 34

CayteLin

Thank you for the tip.

Post 35

Sho - employed again!

just spotted a first person reference which will need to be changed:

>>In my favorite version, the Buddha negotiates a peace<<

how about: "in one popular version the Buddha..."

in the section "Limes in the west" you have a footnote right at the end of the last para. You'll need to move it to before the full-stop.

and I think the disclaimer at the end isn't necessary.

smiley - ok

(still haven't tried the key-lime pie, but I will)

Post 36

CayteLin

Thank you for your suggestions.

Congratulations - Your Entry has been Picked for the Edited Guide!

Post 37

h2g2 auto-messages

Your Guide Entry has just been picked from Peer Review by one of our Scouts, and is now heading off into the Editorial Process, which ends with publication in the Edited Guide. We've therefore moved this Review Conversation out of Peer Review and to the entry itself.

If you'd like to know what happens now, check out the page on 'What Happens after your Entry has been Recommended?' at EditedGuide-Process. We hope this explains everything.

Thanks for contributing to the Edited Guide!

Post 38

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

smiley - applause

Post 39

CayteLin

Thank you for the honor of selecting my entry.

Post 40

Trin Tragula

CayteLin - I see you haven't posted for a while, but the Recommended version of your Entry has been sub-edited and can be seen here:

A14066651

Key: Complain about this post