A Conversation for How to Make a Duct Tape Wallet

Gaff tape Vs. Duct Tape

Post 41

Princess Bride

Duct tape is always fun for wrapping presents. Annoys the receiver though...

Other uses for Duct Tape

Post 42

Danny

Duct tape can be used for ANYTHING that's not machanicel, electronical, or food, like: ...AHCAAAAM!
rope; make-shift shelter; trip cord; glue; fly paper; wallet (hmm); tape (more hmm); bungie cord; target of conversation; and MUCH MUCH MORE! and if you act now, we'll give you a FRE...

...NO!

by the way, how do you change your nickname?

Other uses for Duct Tape

Post 43

Mina

Click the preferences button on the menu and change it there, then click update. All done. smiley - smiley

I've got duck tape sticking my carpets down...

Other uses for Duct Tape

Post 44

Snitnop

There si a brand name of duct tape called Duck Tape, cos duct tape is waterproof and it's also a nice play on words.

Other uses for Duct Tape

Post 45

Azermaine

I once submitted an article a long time ago on Tape. It lists all the various kinds. Its still online, too. Check it out.

Other uses for Duct Tape

Post 46

Bcmm, Keeper of those little things which you can only find while looking for other things

Isn't the "Duct" something to do with the structure of the tape?

Other uses for Duct Tape

Post 47

Navigator

Am I correct in thinking that in Australia selotape is called durex?

Other uses for Duct Tape

Post 48

lw - ck

durex? Durex make jonnys, masking tape would be a brand extension and a half . . .

ck

Other uses for Duct Tape

Post 49

Navigator

strange but true (probably) smiley - winkeye

Other uses for Duct Tape

Post 50

craigfreakmoore

I like the question "has anyone seen duct tape used on ducts?" Has anyone seen elephant tape used on elephants?

Other uses for Duct Tape

Post 51

Bcmm, Keeper of those little things which you can only find while looking for other things

Clarification:
Masking tape is that tape that looks like course white paper, and is designed to come off easily. You use it to get a straight line while painting.
Electrical tape is about 2cm wide, looks like rubber or plastic and car be stretched. It is a good insulater, thus the name. You use it for wires when the insulation has come off.

Other uses for Duct Tape

Post 52

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Ref post 47, (Brand name for sellotape = durex) when W and I were attending antenatal classes, the midwife told us this story.

An Australian girl walks into the stationer's and asked for some durex. RThe rather abashed shop assistant tells her that this is the wrong shop and she needs to go to Boots the Chemist.

Her request is for "durex, two inches wide and six yards long please"!

The amazed shop assistant wanted to know who her boyfriend was.

Ref other uses, I've read that duct tape can be used on the nipples to prevent chafing (Joggers nipple). Some girls use it as the 'poor persons pastie' to protect their modesty when wearing sheer garments.smiley - biggrinBIGAL

Other uses for Duct Tape

Post 53

Mina

That's more likely to be electritians tape - less sticky...

Other uses for Duct Tape

Post 54

BigAl Patron Saint of Left Handers Keeper of the Glowing Pickle and Monobrows

Yes, I always thought duct tape used for the above would be extremely harsh!....

but until I read the thread above I didn't really know what duct tape was.

Other uses for Duct Tape

Post 55

Zath42

Another use for duct tape is that you can make a satchel out of it.
I have a friend who made a satchel entirely out of duct tape. She carries it with her all the time, and uses it as a purse, it's really cool.
I've also seen people make prom dresses out of it.

Key: Complain about this post