This is the Message Centre for Sean D Solle

Clippety Clop!!

Post 1

Sean

Hurray! I went out for a hack today - first time in months - and I managed to avoid any "fair-weather rider" jibes by arranging a torrential downpour smiley - smiley

Wow, it was great to be back in the saddle again - I'd forgetten how smooth Tiger's canter is, and that coupled with the chance to chinwag with Karen again made my week. I had to lay flat out on the study floor for about an hour afterwards before I could get the energy up to cycle to Lara's birthday party. Just as well, as I needed all my strength when I arrived, as the main birthday prezzy from Ian & Julia was a climbing frame and slide for Lara and Elizabeth to share. Despite the soggy garden, Elizabeth insisted ("again! again!") on making full use of the new installation, so I played chaperone while the rest of the adult attendees stayed sensibly inside.

No sooner had the last of the guests gone home, than Jim and Bernadette arrived - so it was almost midnight before I left. Oh well, another day without housework - I'll have to take advantage of the bank holiday Monday I suppose.

Finally fed up with IE4's frame redraw bug, I've just installed the patch, so this entry is also the first test ...

IE4 SP4

Post 2

Sean

... and I'm not sure if it's worked smiley - sadface

IE4 SP2

Post 3

Sean

SP2, I meant.

IE4 SP2

Post 4

Sean

... and it hasn't bloody worked. Grrrrr. Well that was 7M downloaded for nothing smiley - sadface

Clippety Clop!!

Post 5

Lochangel

lucky you - I arrived at my yard for my customary lesson (oh go on then lets go for a hack) to find out unbeknown to me they had sold off all the horses! Bastards - I would have bought Spot or Sam. So now I am in a really bad mood cos I have to find another yard and a new instructor. Can I live vicariously through you until I do?

Living vicariously ...

Post 6

Sean

Would that make you a stalking-horse?

You probably don't want to hear that I've taken tomorrow off, and plan to spend the whole day on horseback around the Hertfordshire countryside smiley - smiley

Living vicariously ...

Post 7

Lochangel

no you are right I don't. You lucky lucky lucky lucky bastard - I am sure you are very nice but right at the moment you are not Mr Popular here. I haven't been out for a hack in months - it has all been trotting round in poncy circles. But I did go on a course at Warwickshire College which was cool and rode a 17 2 heavyweight hunter for the week. I am 5'2" so tacking up was hilarious!

I hope you enjoy and in a fit of good humour I hope the weather is good. Let me know how fantastic it was. I am wildly jealous.

Living vicariously ...

Post 8

Abi

So Sean - now that I am italicised do you think we can push for saddle days instead of duvet days? smiley - smiley

Living vicariously ...

Post 9

Anonymouse

I'm insanely jealous. I had to let my small heard go several (many?) years ago due to moving in town.. Now I'm back where I started, and no large animals make this place a bit lonely. smiley - cry

'Nonniesmiley - rose

Living vicariously ...

Post 10

Anonymouse

I'm insanely jealous. I had to let my small heard go several (many?) years ago due to moving in town.. Now I'm back where I started, and no large animals make this place a bit lonely. smiley - cry

'Nonniesmiley - rose

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Sean D Solle

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more