This is the Message Centre for Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Christmas...

Post 1

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

smiley - hollyMerry Christmas chaps!smiley - holly

I've not vanish again, just been lurking. I've kept writing journal entries since my last post, which shockingly was Valentines Day and then not bringing myself publishing them. I'm okay, just not posting anywhere at the moment!

Though I just posted my first 12 days post on my blog in case I don't wander back here in the next few days I'll be (hopefully) posting at http://snowinateapot.blogspot.com every day of the holidays!

Hope you all have/had a lovely Christmas Day and Santa smiley - santa is good to you!

smiley - hollyEm xxxsmiley - holly

Christmas...

Post 2

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

Merry Christmas Emsmiley - biggrin

Good to see you here, reminds me of the good old days.

Hope all is well. Did you do a window this year?

My Wife and I are planning a New Years / Homogamy party next week, wish you could comesmiley - magic

smiley - cuddle

F smiley - dolphin S

Christmas...

Post 3

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

smiley - hug Hope you had a lovely Christmas Day. Mine was good. I got some lovely pressies, ate too many roast potatoes, had a few glasses of fizz smiley - bubbly and whilst I missed Doctor Who smiley - tardis and was made to watch a rubbish Tom Cruise movie, I had a really nice day. smiley - smiley

Did I do a Christmas window this year? Indeed I did, I made 6 three dimensional, 4ft tall birch trees but I need to get a few more photographs. The ones I took were in the evening when it was too dark outside and too bright inside to get a decent pic...plus the sheep smiley - blacksheepsmiley - sheepsmiley - blacksheepsmiley - sheepsmiley - blacksheepsmiley - sheepsmiley - blacksheepsmiley - sheep hadn't gone in yet! :D I love my sheep, I handmade them in the spring and they've been in all year because we had such a good reaction too them...so they've had hand knitted/crocheted revamps twice this year to fit in with different themes.

I'll be back at work on the 3rd smiley - sadface so I will take some photos and post them on the old blog after that and let you know. (May pop up at some point in the next couple of days if the weather's not too bad, though the lure of my only holidays this year are too tempting by far!)

Anyway! Have a lovely Hogmanay party, I plan to do nothing special, watch films with my family and have a glass of smiley - bubbly and a sausage roll while we seamlessly slip into 2014 with the chime of a bell. Or indeed the sound of Jools Holland whittering at his hootenanny smiley - laugh

Have a nice relaxing Boxing Day.

Em smiley - reindeer

Christmas...

Post 4

summerbayexile

Have a fantastic 2014 Em and be kind to yourself. Lots of love David smiley - smooch

Christmas...

Post 5

You too David smiley - hug

Christmas...

Post 6

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

Hi Em

We don't have Boxing Day in the US, and only one day for New Yearssmiley - sadface

Work two dayssmiley - xmastree Work two days -Weekend off – Work two days smiley - cracker Work two days -back to the grind smiley - cogs

Still only a little passed 9:00 here, but we had a good partysmiley - diva

We had a 5LB Haggis shipped in and it coked up fine. We had about 30 people or so and none of them had tried it before. Several come back for seconds and thirdssmiley - biggrin Got several complements.

Sending good thoughts for you and best wishes for all your dreams in the New Yearsmiley - hug

F smiley - dolphin S

Christmas...

Post 7

No Boxing Day! Well, you guys get Thanks Giving smiley - winkeye

This is genuinely my first holiday of the year. I work part time, so don't get many days, but work over my hours most months anyway - the joy of working for family - but that means that from lunch time on Friday the 21st until either tomorrow evening or Tuesday morning (dunno if they need me) I have been off. It hasn't been long enough!

Glad you had a good party, my family and I watched two films, drank some bubbly and today we've had my gran round so have been relaxing (another downside of working for family is you never get away from it completely, so the R word is rare!)

Blimey well done for introducing your friends to my homelands traditional fare. To be honest, I don't like real haggis that much smiley - erm I'm not a huge meat eater, so I don't like the flavour, but I love veggie haggis.

Tip: a good way to use the left overs is in a toastie or panini. Put a bit of smoked cheese on it and have it with some nice beetroot chutney and it's very, very yummy...I thank my friend Lindsay for making me try it at the Tartan cafe up the road from uni. It's been a favourite ever since.

So there, a cooking tip for new years day smiley - biggrin

Happy New Year again and I hope 2014 is good to you. smiley - hug

Em x

Key: Complain about this post