This is the Message Centre for Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Celebrations, confrontations and specs...

Post 1

Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

smiley - groanHave I ever mentioned how much I dislike doing holiday cover? In one respect it's great. More hours equals more money. Who doesn't like having a little extra cash at the end of the month to go towards bills or savings or indeed to keep out of the savings jar in order to treat oneself for a change - last months, my 3rd round of holiday cover and I finally treated myself, and bought a pair of curling tongs to try and tidy myself up without going to the hairdresser. Anyway, I won't complain too hard, the money is nice, I like knowing that I'm saving towards my future smiley - erm it just seems like there's someone off every two weeks at the moment!

It's actually been relatively quiet this time around, or at least until Saturday when not only was there a confrontation with a patient which has put everyone not only on edge but in a complete and utter panic, but the roof has begun leaking and needs replaced. So that's anywhere between £5,000 and £20,000 pounds depending on the damage. You can imagine how well that's gone down at work. I am relieved however there was someone living in the flat, had there not been it may have been left unnoticed and that would have been disastrous!

Typically, we had a celebration in amongst all this turmoil, my little sister turned 25 yesterday on the same day my grandmother turned 86. So a double birthday celebration all crammed into one day as panic about the week ahead re-emerged. Don't worry, little sis never minds a bit of turmoil on days she gets presents, cake and the chance to watch Jeremy Renner run around in the Bourne Legacy smiley - blush.

Oh, and I'm getting specs again! To be honest, I've never not had specs, mostly just for reading, but despite my optom being my dad, i haven't been tested in 9 years and it turns out I'm not only long sighted but I'm also now a little short sighted. So I am getting multifocals with prisms so I can wear them for reading and working and driving and hopefully he can fix my convergence problem. So I'm sitting here, typing to myself and the few people who may read this and switching between two of the pairs I've whittled the choice down too. Typically the ones I'd planned for, the ones I'd hidden in my room, I'm now not sure about. smiley - laugh Sods law! xxx

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Emily...overly fond of the ellipsis...and top ten lists...submit yours @ A87824361...

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more