This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Long time... good to see again!

Post 1

Blue-Eyed BiPedal BookWorm from Betelgeuse (aka B4[insertpunhere])

smiley - biggrin
Hey there, Galaxy Babe!
It's me... B4... Been a while, but I'm back. Thought I'd at least say "Hi" and do the 'namaste'-thing, since shaking hands might still be taboo during CoViD.
smiley - zen
B4weengageina10yearinfodump2catchuponwhathashappened

Post 2

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Hi B4! smiley - hug
How have you been?
I would do the namaste-thing back but I am trying to perpetuate the Spock greeting: A87991834smiley - laugh (that's my daughter's hand, btw) smiley - blush

In the last ten years I have been on two cruises, a northern lights flight, a trip to Spain, became an educational speaker for the Blue Cross and a volunteer for Pets As Therapy visiting OAP homes (with partner G); became my mother's carer (5 years) while my companion then was Ian, went on The Chase (didn't win, boo, hiss), had a week's holiday in Devon. Ian sadly contracted cancer and passed away in 2017, two months before my mother, that was a tough year.smiley - brokenheart My constant companion throughout was Goldie smiley - cat who is now 11. I gained another two grandchildren, Jaxon and Lily (total of four now!) A job landed in my lap when the vicar who had been visiting my Mum with Holy Communion rang me to ask if I'd found another job following my mother's passing, as his verger was leaving, so I went along for training on the job and been there ever since. Obviously things have changed drastically this year and my job now consists of mainly taking personal details at the church door for track-and-trace, had 6 funerals last month but no weddings at all this year smiley - cry In Jan 2018 I met Andy at my astronomy clubsmiley - cupid and we're very much loved up smiley - loveblush Hootoo has been a constant in my life for the last 20 years, I'm one of the editors now, smiley - wow

smiley - puff

So, how's your last decade been? smiley - biggrin

Post 3

smiley - biggrin
My last decade (away from HooToo) is done up in synopsis on my Personal Space. I don't want to bore you, unless you like reading. In that case, feel free to indulge.
smiley - brave
It's tough when we lose a loved one. I am glad you have found another partner and there are smiles again. Some things similar have happened to me, so I get it. Being alone (when you want to be) isn't a bad thing, but being lonely just plain sucks. I'm thankful that you were able to stave off the latter, and that your world is a better place.
smiley - winkeye
I'm doing the Author thing these days. Got 3 books out there on Amazon, but I really enjoy talking to Readers face-to-face. Gives me the chance to cajole them into becoming Writers, as well. Because... everybody's got a story to tell.
smiley - ok
Tell me some more of yours, when you have the opportunity...
smiley - cool
B4thenextcompilationofshortstorieshitsthepress

Post 4

Galaxy Babe...!
smiley - galaxy
Drop me a line again sometime. I was seeing if HooToo is still a hopping place. But on an Owl Shift, in America, I don't see anywhere near the traffic I used to see "back in the day."
smiley - erm
I did notice YOU were on, so I thought I'd nudge you and say "Hi!"
smiley - cool
B4idisturbyourdutiesasanEditor

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more