A Conversation for Pink Floyd

Publius Enigma

Post 1

Strider

Anyone out there with the real scoop on this? I've seen the Division Bell tour in Kansas City (an awesome show), and it really would take an insider to do the things that are described in the Publius Enigma web site. Maybe it's all out in public now, but I haven't heard. Anyone got a clue?

Waiting,
Strider

Publius Enigma

Post 2

Soapy

Things have gone quiet over the last 6-12 months. All of the Newsgroups seem to have stopped discussing the Enigma now.

I agree that it has to be an inside job though. Dave & the boys claimed that they have no knowledge about it, but I feel that it has been orchestrated by their management.

Publius Enigma

Post 3

Strider

Guess no one won the prizes for figuring the enigma out either. Man, I'd hate to think that PF was up to tricks like this. It would certainly taint my feelings about them. Just the sort of thing they were bitchin' about in "Have A Cigar." Cheesey stunt if you ask me. I hope it wasn't the band, but maybe some label executive's idea of a unique publicity activity.

Thanks for the response.

Strider

Publius Enigma

Post 4

Soapy

I'm not sure if the band were behind it. I think that they undoubtedly knew about it. I just hope that there is/was something involved with it all. I know that music and lyrics can be interpreted many different ways (especially Floyd's) but I just hope that the execs at the record company didn't just use it all as an excuse to sell more goods ! Floyd's fans are among the most loyal on the planet, if it was a publicity stunt then I personally feel very betrayed.

Shine On!

Soapy

Publius Enigma

Post 5

Diesle

I have been a fan forever, but I am pissed again and I have just been to the floyd's new site and could not down load bo didley, a'nt life just crap.
PS i don't think anyone is using h2g2 any more, is there anyone out
There?
email me at [email protected] if there is?

Publius Enigma

Post 6

Davcat the Amply Proportioned

This is all paranoia, my friend.

I love (or DID love) Pink Floyd, and have been at many of their mind-blowing gigs. As you no-doubt know, they are now mega-rich, and don't need to try hard, if at all, any more. Want proof?! The so-called millenium celebrations called out for a band like this to do something spectacular. Did they do a n y t h i n g ? -- no, tooo busy counting their cash and not being hungry and needing to write anymore - even if they could be original any more.

Publius Enigma

Post 7

FusionAddict

The Publius Enigma was apparently a hoax designed to con some alt.music.pink-floyd and irc chat members out of their money.

The hoax was orchestrated by someone calling herself "Sandy", who attempted to sell members of the newsgroup and chat room forged David Gilmour autographs.

Once Sandy was exposed, the Publius posts ended. To this day, the newsgroup member who allegedly solved the enigma refuses to comment on the situation. Go to www.deja.com and register in the newsgroup to see for yourself.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more